Monday, February 05, 2007

Jann Arden's remake of "Midnight Blue" - Now Available on 45 at a Woolworth's Near You!

Holy sheepshit Batman, I had no idea Jann Arden had an album of covers out! Fuck me Dorothy, that is exciting news! I was told last week tickets were going on sale for her in Saskatoon on the weekend, and I didnt buy any because my wife said we just saw her and I was thinking that she hasnt done anything new since then, so why in the hell is she touring anyway, and then whammo, I find this out. I got some email from the Jann people, because, as you know, we are really close friends in my mind, offering me some vip package to meet and greet and get a picture with her and first 5 row seats, for the low price of 295 buckeroos, because I would never ask my good mind friend to comp me anything, so then I google this "Uncover Me" thing, and then whammo, I'm getting fucked by Dorothy - she covers "At Seventeen" which is a song I've ALWAYS thought she should do, and "You're So Vain" (although I really don't like anyone covering anything of my Carly's) and Love is a Battlefield, which I worry (yes, I worry, because I don't want my imaginary friend Jann to do a song that might not be the best fit) might not be good, but maybe I am wrong. Oh, and she's doing "Downtown" which will also be the cat's ass and I can't wait to hear it. I really wish she would have remade Melissa Manchester's "Midnight Blue" because honey, I bet my imaginary friend Jann could sing the everloving hell out of that motherfucker. I am curious about "Peace Train" too because I didn't think anyone would remake it good, and then the 10,000 Maniacs did it so well, and I wonder if Jann will too. But yeah, I want her to do "Midnight Blue". Perhaps me and the three of you who read this can start an internet petition to get Jann to remake the song, because, as you know, those lovely little email petitions from weirdos with computers are highly effective. Come on, y'all, let's get our girl Jann to record the song as a B-side. For the love of God, you make me look nelly for non-chalantly buying fucking CHATELAINE magazine in the check-out of Walart to see what the Jann cover was all about - I mean, I casually threw it on the counter with my stuff and tried to look busy, like some teenager buying condoms or lubricant or whatever, so I mean, for going through that, it's the least Jann baby could do, don't you think? Come on, Jann, wouldn't you give your hand to a friend (if you don't know the song, this one will have whizzed by you).
You know, Jann is so cool, it would really be funny if she remade some classics outside of her oeuvre (gonna use them there big words now), like the Dazz Band's "Let it Whip", or the Cult's "She Sells Sanctuary" or hell, how about "Method of Modern Love" by Hall and Oates. I can hear her now in the studio, as she is singing the "M-E-T-H-O-D-O-F-L-O-V-E" suddenly stopping and saying "Wait... wait... what in the hell does this song mean?" Anyway, it would be the cat's ass, is all I am saying.
So anyway, I don't know if tickets are even left, and I don't think I got the $$ to go anyway, but it is a nice dream to think that I might. I'd love to take Kelly - she's only 5 but would love a concert.
Anyway, enough of the Jann Arden lovefest. It sounds like I am doing some sort of paid commercial blog announcement or something for her new album. Hey, maybe that's the ticket - get sponsors and ramble on aimlessly about their product. Give me a product and I'll plug it tomorrow!
Ah well, now that I talked on and on about Jann (because, you know, we were married briefly in the late 80s, back when we didn't have 2 nickels to rub together and really bad hair), I don't have time to post on all the other shit I wanted to - so here is a laundry list of what the next post will include - this will be the outline I am using. Look forward to the following topics for your reading pleasure, all in one handy-dandy post:
-- Sugar Coated Candy Sex (don't you wanna know what that is all about?)
-- Xtra
-- Carnie Wilson
-- global warming
-- the Cure
-- the Cease and Desist letter from Jann's people regarding the "Midnight Blue" campaign.

Ok, I have to go to bed now because "Heroes" is on right now and I have no idea what in the HELL this show is, but it is freaking the everloving hell out of me. It's creepy and stupid, all rolled into one.
OH! And I watched half of Ugly Betty last week, and holy doodle, that's one funny show, I kid you not. I take back everything I've ever said about Salma H., or Penelope Cruz or Rosie Perez or whoever it was I just said was annoying - doesn't one of them have something to do with Betty?
Anyway, check it out, it's the cat's ass.
xo
JT

p.s. I think my cat just farted. I didn't know they could do that.....

2 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Blogger Chunks said...

I thought you knew about Jann's new album, otherwise I would have asked you about it. Of course, after the last GP/Jann fiasco, bitch isn't playing here and the closest she will be is Edmonton. Well, I am not driving or flying in May to go see Jann...I just refuse. I mean, she's no Simon LeBon, if you know what I mean. I only refer to that because of my Calgary trip to see DD. That's how I rate a show now. Would I drive 10 hours to see them? I mean if it was Stevie Nicks, I'd be camped out in the lineup, but nahhh....

For the love of God man, switch to the new Blogger...soon it will be impossible to comment here. I hear they are giving people deadlines too to switch. Maybe you'll move to Wordpress? I dunno. Anyway. Upgrade!

I am keeping my eyes peeled for your next posts...

 
At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heroes is a good show.. don't slam it baby.. lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home