Friday, July 21, 2006

Fire Lake

One thing I must admit: I have no idea what Bob Seger's "Fire Lake" is all about. I have always loved that song, but what in Sam Hill does it mean? Why was uncle Joe afraid to cut the cake? Why would Aunt Sarah be mad he went to Fire Lake? I just don't get it. Add it to New Moon on Monday as a puzzle... and nobody still has answered me about what it means when Burton Cummings sings "gotta roll it to my grandma, gotta roll the old lady" - wtf?
Oh, and I can't stand anything by Burton and company as well.
That's the thought of the day.
Well, I gotta run. We are heading off the the lake. Not Fire Lake, but Candle Lake.
Who wants to go to Candle Lake....
Head out... head out... head out........

there ain't no uncle Joe there though... pity.

3 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger Chunks said...

Have fun at the lake!

I don't know what Burton Cummings was talking about, he probably wrote that after having some Lizard Mixture.

OMG I just finished that Balloon book...what a fucking waste of time. I'm so pissed off at myself for not closing that book three days ago. Damn!

 
At 5:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey JT
Remember me old CC from Seattle? I still read you and enjoy immensly. Guess who just got her first lap top. Now I really know what I was missing. I had web tv before but spilled coke on the keyboard. Anyhoo, now I can download music as soon as I get my new mp3 thing. I also want to put all my cd's in there also. Don;t have a clue but I learn fast. Just so you know, I'm a 67 yo retired surgical nurse who was too busy back in the day to pay attention to the music scene. I just recently fell in love with
dylan--go figure!! I hear he is just awesone on his new sattlite radio gig. OMG something else to get. I don't think I will ever acatch up. Love you and yours xxoo CC

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Patricia said...

ok since seger is like a god in my area, i took it upon myself to find this quote from him:

Seger: "We decided to come with 'Fire Lake' as the first single because it was totally and unequivocally unlike anything we'd ever done before. The lyric is very ... different ... and very kind of unique. It's about taking risks. About risking love, chucking it all and just heading off with a bunch of wild people, whatever."

hey, sounds good to me. i think i need about 6 months at fire lake!

by the way, i'm here by way of chunks :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home