Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Wasting Away Again in JTville.....

Today was my eighth wedding anniversary. Happy anniversary baby if you ever are reading this - love ya lots!
I can't believe it's been 8 years since we got married. We've been together 16 years, lived together for 14, married for eight, parents for five.... that's a lot of numbers, folks. Our wedding was so much fun. I have to say it really was the best day of my life. And we partied until the bitter end, and everone had so much fun, people stayed forever. At this time, right about now, Margo and I were dancing away and she was yelling at the DJ because he cut off the song she requested - but it was Meatloaf, so he's forgiven. Although I am sure she holds a grudge still.
So, we had a really good day today. Well, let me recap the weekend. We went to the lake on Friday night and came back Sunday night, since the weather looked funny on Sunday, and then of course woke up to a stiffling hot Monday. But Kristen broke out in this rash on Sunday so we took her to the walk-in clinic on Sunday night and the doctor said it looked like an allergic reaction or "the itch", which is, I dunno what, but usually appears at the lake on the August long weekend when the weather is hot. But, it wasn't itchy so we thought it really was because we bought different laundry detergent, which made me feel guilty (sorry Tide, we'll never stray again - we bought Cheer, powder, and the stuff has a dogshit scent to it, underlying). But, it looked more pronounced on Monday, and then suddenly her feet were all sore and swollen and hot, so we took her to a different walk-in, and THIS one said it was either an allergic reaction or a fungus, and gave us fungus stuff, and an antihistimine that came in this huge bottle (might as well have had three x's on it), and her feet are fine but the rash is still there, so tomorrow, we go to a REAL doctor (sorry, I still have my prejudices against walk-in clinics) - well, actually, our doctor is on holidays, but we are seeing his brother, who used to be my doctor years ago, so it's all good....
So, in the midst of this yesterday, Kelly's filling fell out on her front tooth, which made her hysterical, so we got her to the dentist today, and then took the kids to Melfort, a town an hour's drive away, because they have this really awesome wave pool complex. So, we spent the afternoon there, and then our daughter announced that she was taking us to Bonanza (lol, yes, BONANZA) for our anniversary. We just sort of chuckled but then she said in the pool "this is really a special day, because we get to go to Melfort in the day and Bonanza tonight!" so how could we not take her? I am on holidays the rest of the week, and I don't know what we'll do - I think we might go to a different lake tomorrow after the doctor if it's nice, and then head back up to the lake on Thursday or Friday - I wanted to take my family to this little lake (as in the size of a swamp) that I spent time at each summer when I was a kid. It's a two hour drive, but my wife is a good sport and said why not, so we'll see. As long as there is water and sand, they should like it. So maybe we can do that on Thursday and then OUR lake on Friday until Monday. We'll see.
We've been sleeping in, but two days now, the doorbell has woken us up because our paperwoman collects every week on Mondays. She's slow in the head, and loves to visit Rachel, so we now feel funny about sending money in and paying the year like every other person in this town..... It's kind of like when Seinfeld felt like he was cheating on his barber....but damn, since it's been so hot, she stunk the living hell out of our house last week when she collected. Rachel almost vomited from the long lasting BO, I kid you not.
So that's this week. I'll keep you posted on the exciting updates here in JTville.
xo

2 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Chunks said...

You were shacked up for six years before you made an honest woman out of her?! That is crazy!! hahah! Congratulations on your anniversary!!

What the hell is up with the misdiagnosises at the walkin there? That is fucked. "Well it could be the clap or it could be cancer" what kind of shit is that?!

I just bought Cheer too!!!! Liquid though. It is because Superstore has not had Regular Liquid Tide for three months and I am NOT buying their Presidents' Choice soap. I have decided I am no longer going to shop there because of their inability to offer me the products of my choice. They suck shit and I may write a letter to someone about it. I spend about five hundred bucks a month there and now I will not. Fuckers.

See what you started with the Cheer?! Hahah! I hope the rash is better. Maybe you could give the Cheer to the newspaper lady to wash her BO shirts in....

 
At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Anniversary.! I remember your wedding well, had a great time even if it was 400C that day with 100% humidity. I do remember that DJ fucking with my song, and I don't forgive him yet.. lol

M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home