Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The One About the Dog in the Store

Ok, I am still trying to back up to our trip to Edmonton, but I guess there isn't much to say - well, there is, as in that I took notes of many things I want to write about (but tonight isn't going to be then) and so I have a WEALTH of material that will come out from then. Three major posts, but not tonight. LOL, I took notes - I am such a loser. But anyway, we had a blast, spent money we didn't have, the kids loved Galaxyland and the waterpark, and of course we spend many hours in IKEA and came home with the Bjorna table and six Kaustby chairs, one which was broken, so we are still dealing with them.
After that, we went to the lake and I drove into town each day for a week for work and my family stayed there. But the one story I want to share from then occured on the last day. I went to work one morning and Rachel was staying at the lake and then catching a ride into town later in the day with her folks. So they are all in the truck, and our dog, who is a Houdini in her kennel, is in the back of the truck, with some rope around the door, AND a bag of potatoes in front for good measure. So, they head home, and the lake is about a 45 minute drive from town. They stop halfway at Meath Park, the only town in between (or Meth Park, as it's now called by locals because of the fine Meth they produce in the area, God love them), and the dog is fine. So they come into town, and are heading to our house, and they are stopped at a light (Margo, since you know this town, they were at the corner of River Street and Central, right by the Museum - the old Fire Hall) and Rachel looks over and comments, "oh, that dog looks like Lady. I wonder what it's doing downtown.... IT IS LADY". Somehow, she got loose and broke out of her kennel, hopped out at the lights and by the grace of God, Rachel spots her. So, they quickly pull over and Rachel hops out. Of course, she runs like she's being murdered when you call her, so the dog takes off, crosses the busy street and takes off down the sidewalk (Margo, she crosses Central and is flying along). Then, Rachel is trying to catch up to her and suddenly sees the fucking AUTOMATIC DOORS of the Co-op open.... and in walks the fucking dog. So, she boots it to the Co-op and goes in and doesn't know if she went down the stairs or into the supermarket part, so she walks in and goes "um, did you see a dog come in here" to which the lady at the pharmacy says "oh yes, she just ran in here. She went that way!" so Rachel is trying to be nonchalant, whispering "Lady.... Lady!", and she doesnt want every lady in the store staring at her either. So, finally she sees her down good old aisle eleven, and then a customer in line yells "I GOT HER" and then starts asking Rach a million questions about how cute she is and what kind of dog she is, and she just wants to catch her breath and then curl up and die.
So, our dog has even been to the grocery store.... God love her.
And that, is the REST of the story.
I am typed out from doing three posts, so the Golden Globes are now over y'all!
xo
JT

2 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger Chunks said...

Well, I don't know what to say. Go to Wal Mart and buy a new kennel and hope for the best! That is funny that the more Rachel called her, the faster she'd run. My two idiots would do the same! Well, Fozzie would stop dead if you yelled loud enough, he is so neurotic, he is like George from Seinfeld, or a young Woody Allen. hah!

 
At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL,, oh my god that was hilarious.. I can totally sympathize with Rach, though I have been on the chasing end of this crazy breed we both bought... I can't believe she went into the coop... loll....
I have alot to blog about still, big dog story and Gladice the neighbor story, and of course the last half of the Peg trip.. will do that soon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home