Wednesday, August 03, 2005

I can't think of a title... fancy that

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely time..... ok, so that's a line from Dead or Alive's song "Been a long time", which I suppose should be embarrassing to admit that I even know Dead or Alive album tracks, but to be honest, I really liked them back in the day. I loved "You Spin Me Round" and still do, but I actually liked the whole album, and still do. Yeah, 80's rule people. So anyway, it's just been crazy. I had all good intentions for blogging at the lake, but, pardon the bad language here, but I was so fucking tired all weekend. The weather finally turned hot, and so I had so much sun. We spend ALL day Saturday on the boat - we all went in together on a pontoon boat, my inlaws and us and my brother in law and sister in law, and so we have this like, I dunno what the hell it is, 25 foot pontoon boat at the lake. My inlaws have a cabin, by the way, and we have a trailer parked on their lot, so blah blah blah. Anyway, we spent like 6 hours on the boat and on the beach and stupid me got so sunburned. I don't do sunscreen usually. Just shut up, I don't want to hear it. But anyway, I *thought* I was being smart by wearing a shirt. I bought a fucking wife beater to wear, and thought that would be good enough, but then lo and behold, I burned so bad on my shoulders that I couldnt move my arms, and still I am so fucking itchy I could scream. It's like I have crabs on the arms or something. Not that I would know about what crabs are like, don't get me wrong - never had an STD and proud of it, peoples! Anyhoo, we spent the other days at the beach and it was so damn hot and yada yada. Then we got home Monday night and last night was the first day of the Fair here, so we had to take the kids, and I have ALWAYS hated all that fair bullshit, but now that I have kids, I was more excited than they were. So we stayed until 11 p.m. watching them on rides and eating everything in sight. I think we might go back tomorrow although it was so expensive, we dropped like 150 smackeroos or so. Margo, don't have kids, because stuff like that would kill ya, honey!
Anyway, tonight we went to my old office and packed up a whole shitload, which is sitting in my van, and I hope to have it all done by next week. I am still doing work at the old place, finishing it up. That place is still in the news every night, and the last remaining sane one in power quit yesterday afternoon. Thankfully, she signed a letter granting me a leave of absence yesterday morning before she quit, so at least I have that piece of mind, although really, with things the way they are going, there ain't gonna be a hell of a lot to go back to if I choose to. Anway, whatever. Then we caught up on Big Brother, and tell me, and forgive my swearing yet again, but what the FUCK is with Ivette? Cappy this, and Cappy that, and WHY does she think his steroided ass deserved to stay? She's crazy, and Maggie, well, I want to just spit at her. OH, and James and Sarah - PU-KE. I hate how they sound when they whisper. Annoys me. But anyway, again, whatever. Oh, and Ivette's head seriously looks like a potato.
This weekend we will probably go to the lake, but my cousins who I never see will be in town on Sunday, so we will have to come in early. Nothing else really new, I guess. I can't get radio reception very well in my new office, and fortunately, or unfortunately, I can see Future Shop from my parking lot, so I've been buying cds like crazy. I frigging LOVE the Scissor Sisters. I can't get that damn "Tits on the Radio" out of my head. I just can't. It grows on you. So anyway, I can't stop listening to it. I also finally bought American Idiot, and Gwen, even though I downloaded most of the frigging thing months ago. Ah, Gwen... I can't believe all you ladies would do her. As I said, she's hot some of the time, but lately, there's something that just isn't right for me with her... I think she's just too blond or something? I dunno. It's kinda like when Madonna was bleached white and her eyebrows were black - it just sorta killed it for me. Oh man, but Madonna in the Like a Prayer.... damn baby.....
Man, I never thought Gwen would be the poster girl for straight ladies... LOL, Sharon said one day "what if someone held a gun to your head and said you had to sleep with someone of the same sex" so I asked who she would and she thought J Lo, who also grosses me out a little - she's hot at first, but there is something... greasy or something... about her. So then I told her I'd have to be the good looking one, so it would have to be the King of Queens or something... LOL, oh man, I miss Sharon. Anyway, I still think Sarah Jessica is the ultimate, so who am I to say anything about Gwen. Ah, Sarah.... but she sleeps with Matthew Broderick, so then I would be lying there thinking "she's used to fucking Ferris Bueller" and that would kill it.
OMG, seriously, I am so itchy right now, I am going to scream. I will never forsake sunscreen again.
So anyway, I can't think of much else to say. I am again behind on blogs, so I have to catch up somehow. Shit, you know what? This is crazy. I thought we were going to Def Leppard. When tickets when on sale, I logged on, found seats, and then called Sharon to see if her and her hubby wanted to go and then logged off to wait for their decision, and then forgot to actually go back and BUY the fucking things... LOL, but whatever, might as well save the $$ anyway.
So anyway, I better get my ass to bed, but I am sure I'll yak at y'all tomorrow.
xo
JT
p.s. you can't see tits on the radio, no no... ARGH, I can't get it out of my head....

2 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you finally post! You always give me a much-needed laugh!

Is the Dead of Alive song the Led Zepplin song? Sure sounds the same! I loved "You Spin Me Round" too...I love the frigging 80s!

Drink lots of water and slather on lots of moisturizer, that should minimize peeling. (Fellow non-sunscreen using sunworshipper who will look 80 when I am 50!)

Good to hear that you got the leave of absence from the sinking ship of your former job. It's always good to have a backup plan.

I LOVE JAMES!! I don't know why, maybe he reminds me of an unrequited love or something, I just love looking at his mouth. (Oops I've said too much!) I will watch tonight with baited breath. I like Ivette, but only because she is batshit crazy. I would probably have to choke her if I had to actually spend time with her!

I think we would all do Gwen because she has hips like a boy! haha! I totally can relate to your "have to be the better looking one" comment, as sick as it sounds, I think Kevin James is adorable and doable. (Brown eyes will do it everytime!) (Again I have said too much!)

I will think more on my "If I was a Lesbian who would I do?" list. I will post it on my blog. Tell Margo we miss her here in Blogville and Godspeed on the strike!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger cutie1964 said...

Hey JT!
I'm back!!! Probably briefly as my @#@*!&*@ internet connection has been cruddy lately! Thanks for only having a few blogs to catch up on since my holidays! Top of my "to do" list if I was a lesbian?!...has to be Diana Krall right now! I think she is so sexy! Rox thinks it's her Elvis sneer!
Cheers!
Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home