Thursday, July 28, 2005

This n That

"I hold you, and touch you, and make you my wooooman, tonight....."
Anyone know that lyric? It's from Whitney Houston's duet with Teddy Pendergast from her first album. Can't remember what the fucking song is called. Hold Me perhaps? Anyway, it's been going through my head all night, and it's got me thinking about Whitney. Remember when she too was normal? I had such a thing for that crazy crack whore back in the day. When I was in grade 10, her first album came out and damn she was fine, and that voice.... I still get a funny feeling when I hear "You Give Good Love" now, like 20 years later. Even though it was so manufactured, and so 80's safe crappola-ish, it's a damn good album still today. And I thought she was so hot. This was back in my "I want to marry a black woman" stage. I had all this Cosby show skewed view of the word and was gonna find me Lisa Bonet and ride off into the sunset. LOL, ah, the good old days. Anyway, Ms. Whitney was fine.... and then suddenly, poof, she's married to that thug and dumped her lesbian lover, or who they say was her lover, that Robin chick, the Gail to her Oprah, and then she becomes a crack ho and I feel so bad for that poor kid of theirs. Anyway, I have no idea where I am going with this, just that I can't get that song out of my head, and I miss the old Whitney.
Ok, so Roxy was saying something about Mariah Carey, and I just gotta comment, and I can't believe I am even sticking up for her, but I will begrudgingly say this: the bitch can sing. I couldn't stand her for years, and called her the white Whitney, and I think I was just annoyed with her because she married that old fucker, but you know, when she's got a good groove going, the bitch is good. Like "Dreamlover". That song gets me moving. So does "Fantasy".... and while I have HATED the whole way she only shows one side of her face, she really DOES have a good side and a bad side. I actually saw a couple pics of her head on, and she DOES have a fucked up side of her face. But still, that way she only gets the one side shown is kinda funny.
But to be part of the Diva Ball or whatever the hell Oprah is doing, well, whatever. But she's hot.
Ok, now let's move on to Oprah while we are at it. You know, I always prided myself on being probably one of her few straight male disciples, but really, the bitch is just a little too damn much right now. I guess I always identified with her because of the weight thing. And then at one point in my life, I was "getting with the program" and all that nonsense and doing her book club, which started out damn good before it got swamped down with all that damn Toni Morrisson (I've read all of her, and while I like her, she ain't book club material), and on and on. But like, I mean, to tell people they must buy one hardcover book a month and all that Oprah's favorite stuff, and whatever. I mean, it's just exclusionary if you ask me. And now she has all this celebrity shit now, and I mean, what the hell does she have in common with John Travolta? AND WHY must we always see these best friends of hers on tv? I do have a thing for Gail though, I gotta admit, although I told someone that once, and they almost puked.
Ok, so you can tell I feel ranty tonight. LOL, sorry, I can't help it, because I am tired. We had the birthday party tonight, which was fun, but I am pooped out because we had a houseful. It's the long weekend this weekend, so we are heading to the lake. I am going to pack the laptop though and even though I have no access to internet, I will blog and then post it when we get home. Yup, addict.....
Oh, since I mentioned it the other night, what do y'all think about Gwen Stefani? I thought she was really hot in that Moby video, where she licks his head - "Southside". But you know, she's just too WHITE. It grosses me out. Too much like Madonna circa Who's that Girl era. Maybe she IS an albino. Maybe she's Latoya Jackson after getting into Mikey's skin bleach. I dunno... that is something to investigate. And her husband, well, didn't he once fuck Boy George or Marilyn or one of them? I'm sorry, but like Billy Bob, anyone who has slept with Boy George would not be welcome in my bed. Can you imagine? Well, I dunno, it just grosses me out to think of sleeping with someone and in the back of your head knowing "she once did this with Billy Bob Thornton on a regular basis" and I would just want to shower right then and there. I'd hear that frigging Deliverance music right away. Oh man, and Boy George. LOL, I am not trying to be mean here either, but just picture it. Has anyone ever thought about Boy George getting it on? Like, would be wear his sexiest caftan to bed? And then imagine him actually doing it... LOLLLLLLL oh man, I gotta call Sharon tomorrow and discuss that one. Sharon and I have this thing where we seem to go through every person we know in common and try to imagine them in the throes of passion... it's so sad, really. Two bitches in a pod indeed.
Good grief, I am just rambling tonight aren't I? I can't stop typing. But anyway, I am so flippin' tired. The new job is good, but keeping be reeeally busy, so the day flies by. I went and met someone from my old work for coffee today so that was fun. Apparently, they are having a good bye lunch for me on the 19th. I don't wanna go through that shit, but whatever. I dunno about a leave of absence from my old job, but will know next week, but I think I won't get it and I will have to out and out quit, as my holidays there run out on the 15th and I am, well, working somewhere else already...lol. Ah, but that place is in turmoil like you wouldn't believe. I'd forward all the press clippings and shit, because we were front page news 4 days last week, literally front page, and again in the news all fucking day again, so it's unstable, so if I have to quit come the 15th, well, no biggie. But I don't wanna post anything about that place because then someone would figure out who I was and then I'd never be able to post without feeling watched... lol, like KB said, keep workplace away from the blog. I still don't have my old office packed up yet, so my new one is pretty empty still, so I need to get on that.
Well, sorry for the boring post, but I am pooped out. By the way, got the Scissor Sisters this afternoon, along with a new Carly Simon, another old flame of mine, but of course, the fucking thing is an album of standards or something, and I mean, I don't get off on that shit, so sucks to be me.
Anyway, better run.
Have a great friday, y;all, y'all, y'all!
JT

2 Comments:

At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha and hahaha! I remember when Whitney was all that and a pair of slouch socks. I loved her with that big old bow in her hair! Then, fast forward and she just looks like such a crack ho. Unfortunately, their poor little Bobbi Kristina looks exactly like her papa. *shudder*

You know, I don't know if I have ever heard Mariah sing anything on the radio other than Hero. She does have good pipes, according to her website she has like a five octave range or some damn shit. I still can't believe that Oprah thought she was black enough to go to the ball. Oprah sticks pretty true to her blackness. (No offence, but she is kind of sticky about it!)

I only read "The Bluest Eye" by Toni Morrison, I just can't get into her stories.

I love Gwen Stefani. Seriously. If I played for the other team, she would be on my "to do" list. I love it when her face is all glammed up and she is wearing cargo pants and a sports bra and a pair of Doc Martens or something!! hahah! I love that stomach of hers, although her husbands' face creeps me out. (Maybe it is just his widow's peak?)

Let me know what you think of that Scissor Sisters album, I mean disc. I can't get that song "Tits On the Radio" out of my head. I love all the bass riffs, it reminds me of John Taylor. Ahhhh the 80s. (Sorry for the long comment!)

 
At 4:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cfye sez: rex reed got nothing on you babe. awesom blog! wonder what would happen if the mighty "o" were to come out on her show?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home