Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Oprah, my hypocritical friend, and other terms of endearment.

You know how I'm such a freakish MAC person now? Well, I'm still.... retarded... or whatever word you want to use... in terms of how to use the frigging thing. Case in point: I just went through another SD card to upload my pics of Bryce Canyon to FB, so that I can perhaps convince a certain someone to cancel a trip to Vegas and instead rendezvous in Utah with all the Mormons. However, fuck if I remember an easy way to import photos from iphotos to FB. It's the little things that get lost. I guess I should look for a MAC for Dummies book or something.
Anyway, it's been quite the fucking day, but I can't even get into it because it involves my sister and since i never finished the backfill of that long story, I cannot begin to go into it tonight. Let's just say that it's completely fucked up. Maybe on the weekend I'll try to explain. It will take a box of wine and a good 2 hours though - just warning you.
Anyway, something just happened and my photo album for Utah went kaput. I tell ya, it's nothing but trouble trying to teach an old dog new tricks.
Oh, so back to the wonders of the internet. The other night, I was wondering why it is that cocaine is so expensive, yet crack is cheap, so I googled it, and got complicated answers that I am not sure I really understand, but still..... it's got something to do with melting the coke and throwing in some baking soda or something. But before the internet? You'd have to search through every old Time magazine at the doctor's office before you'd find an answer to that one.
I really have nothing at all to say. I should be in bed, but I am just trying to sit here and forget the stressful day - the sister drama day.
What can I talk about.... I've already spewed my hatred regarding the Pinkett/Smith family on FB, so i won't go there now, I guess. But I know I was going to go all postal on Oprah again in a previous post that I didn't get around to writing.
I guess it's just that it's Oprah's final year, and I find none of it interesting. It's like Oprah is just going through the motions, and not convincingly either. Every time I look at my Guide, it's "All New!" with the exclamation points, and then it's something lame like "the ladies of the View talk about having that not so fresh feeling" or whatever. Total Lame. And you just know that she is having these people on just because Kitty Kelley wrote that book that said Oprah hated Whoopi, so now the Whoopster has been on 14 times this season just to make it look good.
I am puzzled, however, that she is having Carrie Fisher on tomorrow (or maybe it was today), since Carrie basically outed Travolta last month. As we all know, Oprah is best friends with him. And that, my friends, is the rub. You see, Oprah spends so much fucking time telling all of the world that we aren't living our full potential, and that we need to seek our real truth. And she has done all those shows about men on the down low, but yet, someone like Travolta, who apparently is quite gay, and who Carrie Fisher has said "we all know he's gay and we don't care", is someone Oprah would never say that to. My coworker, Frenchie, was in Mexico before Xmas, and she said that they went on this tour thing, and the tour guide pointed to the rich houses and the one that travolta owns, and said "he was just here last week with his boyfriend", and it was all news to her. But if that's the case, WHY doesn't oprah have him on and do a James Frey on him and berate him for not being true to himself? Because she is also a fucking hypocrite. She gets stars in her eyes just like us, and so she won't call him out for sucking dick, but yet some poor slob in Peoria, Illinois, will take a beating because he isn't living his "best life" by being some closet case.
And then there is the the whole Scientology thing - we all know that shit is a cult, pure and simple. Yet, the Opster doesn't have enough balls to call anyone out because of it. Let me just throw this out to the universe - someone give me enough money to retire on, and I'll go on TV and just disturb the shit: Scientologists? I'll call them a cult. Travolta and Cruise? I'll call them gay. Donatella Versace? I'll call you ugggllllyy. Bob Greene? I'll call you a failure - if you don't have her in shape after 16 years, what the fuck hope do the rest of us have??
Ah well, enough about Oprah. I guess I am just annoyed that she looks so bored and so big and so uncomfortable. AND, here in Canada, or "Canadia" as this stupid bitch called it at the Eddy Bauer in St. George, Utah, they are replacing "Viva" with the Oprah channel. I don't WANT a fucking Oprah channel. Fuck that shit.
Anyway, I really have nothing else to say, so I better get a runnin'. I'll yak at y'all soon.
BTW - Rocky, i've posted like 3 times since YOUR last post - something is rotten in the state of Denmark, honey,,,,

1 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Rocky Balboa said...

Thanks for posting all the pictures of Bryce Canyon, now I don't have to go! I've seen it all! LOL!

I want a detailed email regarding the sister drama.

You know, Oprah had Roseanne on the other day (I only watched because an old friend was actually in the audience) and I really wanted Oprah to STFU because Roseanne was trying to answer her and Oprah just kept talking over her, as she does.

Oprah is trying to wrap up the show by exploiting every "scandal" that she's been embroiled in for all these years.

I finally wrote something this morning. Get over yourself, Dorothy. LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home