Friday, February 11, 2011

dis n dat

Ok, so I really don't know what the fuck is happening in Egypt. They are all freaking out and rioting and making all the foreigners flee - I get that part. It's got something to do with the President, or El Presidente, or whatever, but still, I don't know why shaking down foreigners would be a good ploy. But I do know someone personally who has a sister in law, named Go-Go (true story) who was working in Egypt and had to flee and fly to Germany or France or something, and had to pay a mitt-full of money to get out.
And now, since I have no news, I hear through the grapevine, that this tyrant who ran the country, is gone. I dunno why they wanted him out, or what he ever did to them, but the Facebook is full of all this positive Egypt shit, so let me just say "VIVA LA EGYPT LIBERATIONE!" I know they aren't Spanish, but I can't find Egyptian characters on my keyboard. Save that shit for Susanna Huffs, of Hoffs, or whatever it is - she made enough money off of the Egyptians to choke a horse. Or did she? Who did write that putrid song?
Oh who the hell cares....
It's odd I am not googling or wikipedia'ing that tidbit. Lord knows that's all I've been doing lately. Remember back in the day when if you wanted to know something you went to the library and looked shit up in the old World Book? Well, nowadays, you just go to Wikipedia. I literally have BAGS under my eyes that are horridly visible, because I have stayed up too late this week reading odd Wikipedia entries. It's just so bizarre how you can have a Cliff/Coles Notes version of stuff at your fingertips. For example, the past two summers, as we drove through the California desert, we passed the freaky-ass town of Baker, California, which is in the middle of nowhere, parallel to Route 66, and there are all these signs for.... I think it's "Xyxzzyzz Road" or something like that. Me being me, I was transfixed by this. I Wikipedia'ed it the other night and found a picture of the sign I passed the past two years (I was even MORE paranoid than usual and just wanted to get the fuck out of the desert so a family of homeless desert hobos didn't come and kill us the second our van died).
Anyway, I have been googling or Wikipedia-ing a whole host of crap, like the Bands ABC, the Fixx, Diana Ross, Severed Heads, etc. Why? Because I can.
So yeah, odd stuff is at my fingertips. Lately, I've been obsessed with some of my favourite albums, like Mellancamps's Lonesome Jubilee, and Lindsey Buckingham's "Go Insane", so i've dl'ed them from itunes but wiki'ed the particulars.
What else.....
OH! Stevie has a new single!!!!! I am not making this up. She is 60 fucking THREE this May, and she released her new single, produced by Dave Stewart, this week. If you REALLY know me, you'd know that I must own all things Stevie, and all things Eurythmic. At first, I admit I was all "WTF is this?" about the single, but then I can almost HEAR Annie Lennox singing it, and I get it. Please, download the damn song in itunes and give Stevie a retirement fund. I know she spent millions on cocaine, but we all would have if we could have, right?
So anyway, it's been a traumatic, freaky-assed week. Let me summarize.
So does anyone remember me posting last year about my son.... I can't remember if I gave him a name on here...... let's call him Cass. Anyway, "Cass" fell down the stairs when he was 1 year old and chippped his front tooth on the top and knocked the next two teeth sort of senseless. We took him to the dentist and the dr. and they both said to wait and see - the chipped tooth might turn black or it might be ok. We hoped it was ok. Long story short, before Xmas, the front tooth began to turn black. The others looked a little..... rotten... sorta.
So then we took him back to the dentist, who said, since he was under 3 and couldn't actively open his mouth for work, she'd refer him to "the City" for an appointment. She said it would take a year. We took him for this checkup 3 weeks ago. Monday morning, Rachel, who usually has Mondays off, gets a call from the pedeatric dentist in the City to know if she can come in by 11, if baby boy hasn't eaten yet. Anyway, Rachel calls her dad, who says he will go with her, and her mom will take care of the other three kids, and off they go, since this clinic has had two cancellations.
I hear NOTHING from them all afternoon. I am convinced that my sweet baby boy, who is the light of my life, has somehow died from anestesia. Why, I dunno.... But I was convinced he went into cardiac arrest, and they were waiting to send someone to me to tell me. I was sitting at work, pacing my tiny office, almost PUKING in my garbage can.
I the get a call from Rachel.
They told her, after the fact, that they pulled the lil' guy's 3 front top teeth. She tells me this and I YELL.
She then tells me she fainted, dead on the ground, when they told her this, and that my "he'll look like a freak" comment helps nobody.
They pulled the three teeth he damaged, and put a metal crown on an eye tooth.
Rachel cried for days and blamed herself.
I had to remind her that this was normal.
The kid got 3 top teeth pulled.
All were loose last year, so it SHOULDN'T be a shock. But it is, nevertheless.
And then there is my painful sorrow.
Remember how I bitched about getting fixed? Well, my shit is FUCKED the fuck up.
Last week, it was all going good. My junk seemed to be working. I ensured that my wife allowed me to try it out, and I had no complaints. But then on Wednesday, I had this backache and front-ache, and shit, and anyway I decided today to go see my doctor Chip. After listening to my symptoms, he said "SOMETHING is going on down there - either a bladder infection or a prostate infection". Either way, I am on antibiotics for TWO frigging weeks. But OMG, all fo my pipes are fucking ACHING.
Holy. there is this special on 20/20 right now about these people being lost on this logging road or something. I still remember driving from Bryce Canyon, UT, to Cedar City, UT...... Never have I driven such horrible roads....
Anyway, goodnight all. Love ya!


2 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Anonymous chaka khan said...

Egypt: Don't you read The Huffington Post, dude?! They've got the bullet points on the Egypt thing.
OMG, Kay lost her front tooth when she was little too! She kept saying "I have a loose toof!" We just thought it was because Em was losing her baby teeth and she wanted to fit in. Imagine my shock when I put my finger in her mouth and it was swinging! She had to get it pulled because it was infected and they froze her in spite of knowing it wouldn't take, fucking assholes, and I had to hold her down. It was devastating! We gave her ice cream for dinner than night and she stopped crying long before I did.
So I guess you weren't being a suck about your junk eh? Sorry to hear you're fucked up. If it was going to happen, it would happen to you though, right? LOL! Poor Rachel. She's probably thinking "I should have just had mine done! I'd have recovery but at least I wouldn't have to listen to him whine!" LOL! Waitaminute...Rachel is nice, I'm mistaking her with what I would have thought. HA!
I d/l the new Stevie song the other day! It reminds me of some of the songs from Trouble in Shangri-La...doesn't it? I like it. Just love her.
You need to d/l Lissie, I think her name is? Anyway, she was on Jimmy Fallon singing this song and I think you would love her. And the new Duran Duran sounds like it could have been made right after Seven and the Ragged Tiger. Seriously. I'm loving it. And I'm trying to learn the songs to Heart's latest album because I'll see them in another ten days or so. Long live the rock and roll.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Blondi Blathers said...

Where I work, we look down our hoity-toity noses at Wikipedia, because it calls itself an encyclopedia while so often having its facts wrong. Encyclopedias fact-check and use authoritative sources and writers who know what they're talking about... not that you'll never find an error in an encyclopedia, but ... they're far more rare.
I like Wikipedia because you can find just about every topic there and at least it will lead you to websites that might have reliable information. It's a good starting point. I wish more people realized, though, that that's all it is. One great starting point.
Recently the publication I work for added a biography of actor Patrick McKenna; he played Red Green's nerdy nephew on the Red Green Show. As an example of Wikipedia's unreliability, Wiki's bio of McKenna has him born in Sylvania, Sask. He was definitely not born in Sylvania, Sask! (I verified this with the man himself). So where on earth does Wiki get its so-called facts?
Though I must say that, thanks to this F-up on Wiki's part, on Friday when I drove to Tisdale and saw the sign for Sylvania on the highway, I actually paid attention. And now I know where it is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home