Friday, September 24, 2010

Note to self: Don't throw your elderly cat in the garage for an entire day if you don't want her to piss somewhere. This morning, I threw the cat in the garage with the dogs when I went to work. You see, yesterday, we caught this stupid young punk trying to steal bikes from people's backyards in our neighborhood, and after watching the balls this stupid idiot had in scaling fences and checking out yards, I declared that we must now always turn our alarm on when we aren't home. We never turn it on unless we leave town - we just wanted it for the signs to deter thieves. Anyway, this morning, I threw the whole fucking zoo in the garage because I am always afraid the cat will trigger the alarm. She only has once, but that's enough - I didn't want to have to run home if she set it off. So, from what I can figure out, she must have peed somewhere in the garage because it now smells funky. But where... but where.. where must I bleach, and what must I throw away? That is the question. It sounds Shakespearean, no? Anyway, I gotta deal with that tomorrow. Hells bells, I have a lot to deal with tomorrow, but whatever. Today was just one of those days. I had a solid night's sleep, or so I thought, but I woke up so tired I thought I might be sick. As soon as I got to work, I loaded up on coffee to try to wake up, but i didn't really accomplish that. I was tired all day. You know how people say, when they have an unproductive day at work, that they fucked the dog? Well, I didn't fuck it, but we were involved in some heavy petting. I just couldn't' get much done, because I was dragging my ass, and everyone and their fucking dog had the day off, so it was dragging. I ended up sending these long, exaggerated emails to people and the few appointments that I had of people coming to see me, I kept them in my office for double time. Anyway, it's shaping up to be a busy weekend, but whatever, we'll deal with that when the time arrives.
So, other than that, I have nothing to say.
OMG, I am on the facebook right now, but on REAL FB, not just on my phone, like I always am. ANYWAY, on real FB, I forgot about the chat feature. There are two people on there right now that I seriously don't want to talk to. Oy, it's really a dilly of a pickle, hey? I think it's time to "camouflage myself". LOL, I dunno if Margo still reads here, but that was this saying we once had in high school. You see, I can't remember why, but me, Margo, and this chick, Lolita, skipped outta something or other in grade 10 - our first year of high school. Well, I remember it like it was yesterday. We were standing in the hallway, and some teacher was coming towards us, and we didn't know what to do, so "Lolita" yelled "camouflage yourself!" and pressed herself against the wall and then startly laughing hysterically like she'd been rolled in LSD. Anyway, that was the buzz-phrase for the rest of the year. And here I am reprising it again, 25 years later.
I am having a problem with this aging thing. i can't quite grasp that 15 was 25 years ago. I remember so much from then, and still feel like some bumbling child.
OMG, FB is a horrid thing - I am thinking I just realized that my cousin's daughter has had a baby and I didn't even know.. LOLOL.....
I was really worried about today. Today would be my aunt's 79th birthday, and as she was my mom's sister and last surviving member of that side of my mom's family, I was worried how i would react, since I was really close to this aunt. I remember one year ago tonight, after calling her and her saying "you better ask me what you need to know about our family - I won't be here forever". And then she isn't now.... Anyway, I am just carrying on with the day. it would be her birthday, and my grandparent's anniversary, etc. And I am just rolling with it. Life is hard.
Anyway, I just send my aunt's granddaughter a message saying "OMG, DID YOU HAVE A BABY?" LOLOL, the things you don't know when your loved one passes away. It's all so crazy.
And I have to admit that I am petty. My aunt asked my sister to do her eulogy at her funeral, and my sister, just in the same way that happened when my mom died, made ME write both fuckng eulogies, with no input other than "mention this" once or twice. So with my mom's, I didn't think twice, and my aunt apparently my cousin said "I never heard a eulogy like aunty E's" and wanted a reprise. So when my aunt died, my sister ORDERED me to "help" her write this eulogy. I wrote the whole fucking thing, the WHOLE THING, and all she did was read it at the funeral, and she got applause at the funeral, and hugs, and special honour at the gravesite, and all I got was a card a few weeks later from a cousin saying "Thanks for helping Libby wth writing the eulogy" and I still want to claim the whole thing for myself. Does that make me terrible?? I wrote the ENTIRE FUCKING THING, and she claims all the glory, over and over again. Am I just a shallow person????? ARGH, why did I bring this up?!?
OMG, my nephew, LLF, is a friend of this daughter of my cousin...... why can't I let things go? Don't answer that, Roxanne!!!
My garage door is open, and i am smelling.... unpleasant cat urine. And it's my own fault.
I feel a little delicate tonight because the kid that lived across the street from us back in the day, when we first got married, was killed in this bizarre hit and run last weekend. OMG, I can't imagine. How do you let your children go?!?
Anyway, have nothing to say, so I am going to run and try t d/l some music. My kids and myself are in love with the new Katy Perry. Here's hoping I can d/l it for free.
Peace out.
Rest in peace, Aunty A. I love you more than words can say.

1 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Anonymous rox said...

Ugh, with cats it can be anywhere high or low since the buggers can jump! (Unless they have a broken pelvis...hahah!) I hope you find the root of the evil soon.
I enjoyed your long exaggerated emails, thank you!
I felt the same way when I found out my cousin and his wife split. Family connections that get broken because of death are just depressing.
As someone who also "can't let things go" I say "Why try?" LOL! I'd still be pissed about the eulogy writing thing too. So now, your sister has two fantastic eulogies under her belt and a fucking ghost writer. Yeah, be pissed off. If she asks you again, write a dreadful one to teach her how to do her own work.
I'm nasty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home