Sunday, March 21, 2010

Ok, back quickly - the other thing I've been obsessed with is trip planning. Depending on finances, we may go to the Oregon Coast this summer. We've booked some rooms in Newport and Port Orford, and plan to travel to the Redwoods in Northern California. We planned on the Oregon coast a while ago, then suddenly decided we'd do the Black Hills in South Dakota, which we've been to years ago and loved, and then go to New Mexico, which is where I've always dreamed of going, and I planned this ambitious, wonderful route (if anyone wants to go there, let me know and I'll post all the shit you can do there). Then, suddenly, Oregon came up again, and boom, we're going again. As I said, it all depends on money but if we can swing it, it'll be great. It supposed to be amazing. So, each night, just like last year with the Disney planning, I go to bed with my CAA books and plan and plan and plan. I get out of hand. I had us going from New Mexico to a day trip to Tuscon so I could see the... I can't spell it, but the desert with the cactus trees with arms, and then thought what the hell, and had us going 7 hours to San Diego. Then I thought "motherfucker, calm the hell down" and then Oregon came up. And now, my A.D.D. nature is coming out and suddenly I am thinking "gee, we are only 4 hours from San Fransisco, so why not go there, and gee, we would be only a day away from the desert that I love in Arizona...." Yes, it's a sickness. I love the open road, what can I say? Anyway, I have a great Oregon coast/northern California Redwood Forest route planned, as well as a Black Hills/Colorado/New Mexico route planned, AND a Minnesota/Mall of America/Wisconsin/Great Lakes trip figured out - now, if I just had the money to do them all. Motherfuckers, GIVE ME SOME MONEY!
So yeah, that's what I've been up to lately. I ave a road atlas that gives distances between cities in North America, and I just look at the posssibilities. It's sort of sad, but whatever gets you through the night.
Anyway, it's bedtime. I promise I'll post more interesting things soon.

2 Comments:

At 4:43 AM, Anonymous Rhoda Morgenstern said...

You're going to be one of those old guys one day with a gigantic motorhome he can't park, sitting in a Walmart with a straw hat, black socks with sandals and a pair of ray-bans.

HAHAH!

I just want to go camping.

Teach your kids to talk on the phone when they call. :)

 
At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Stella Kabookaboo said...

LOL Rhoda...Totally can see it
Let me know when you are heading to the coast, I was thinking of doing a west coast road trip this summer...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home