Saturday, October 10, 2009

I have not much to say, but I don't really have anything to do, so I might as well sit here and try to think of things to say. I have been obsessed with Google Street View. It is running in Vancouver and the lower mainland and goes as East as my old hometown. Well, I can just go and get a full 360 degree view of any spot in the city that has a road. I've been looking and zooming into my old houses, and it is so elaborate that I can, because of the height of the car or whatever recorded it, look directly into the run-down shambles of the backyard of my parents' friends old house where I learned to swim. The pool is empty and the yard is falling apart. 30 years ago, it was one of the nicest houses in town, with a private yard of decks, cement tables, trees making the entire yard private, the pool, no grass at all. Now it is an empty pool, no trees, and dandelions. So anyway, this is fascinating. I can't get it to focus on one of my old houses though-I can't get the cursor over the right spot. Oh wait, I just got it, but the house is obscured by trees. I wish I could show all y'all these things from my past, but really, what the hell do you care anyway? So, I'm living in the past right now.
I have nothing else to say at all. We had turkey at Rachel's family tonight. I guess my family isn't doing anything. I didn't want to offer because I am tired and our house needs cleaning and yada yada, and I guess noone else offered. My sister called on Thursday and was hinting and I was so crabby and said "yeah, whatever, we can do something" but didn't say here and nobody has called so... whatever. I feel like we should, but since it's Sunday tomorrow, well, I guess we just aren't invited if they are doing anything. Whatever. My mom would be sad we aren't doing anything, but you know, I just don't have the time to do the dinner thing here this year, so whatever. If some of them say their houses are too small, well, we used to cram into my parents' apartment so I call bullshit on that. Ah well, what the fuck ever.
I seriously have nothing to say. So, anyway, I am going to go now and do my google thing again - I just found the old Woolworth building I used to hang in....Peace.

1 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Rox said...

Awww, this post kind of bummed me out because you sound so lost. Seriously, run to co-op and get a roll of turkey with the stuffing for 19.99 and just cook it up for Rachel and the kids. You'll feel better with a bit of turkey in ya!

I should do that Google thing. God, I'm so succeptible to suggestion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home