Friday, October 16, 2009

FINALLY. I could not get the internet working in my house - apparently, when the cable folks were here yesterday, I also got a new modem with a new password which I didn't notice until now. In case you hadn't heard, I was cable-less and internet-less for almost 24 hours. Then, when they came, they had to drill through my hardwood floor and apparently replace the modem as well. I knew the drilling part would eventually come - my "cable", which I get via my phone company, came through coaxial cable and then I had to use this adapter thingy to connect it via a computer cable thingy to the box. When they switched boxes about a year or two ago, when I got the PVR, they said that the co-ax doesn't work well with the new boxes and so they will someday have to re-wire or something and this will involve drilling through the floor. However, it's fine - it's in a back corner and it's just this little box on the floor like a phone jack.
So now everything is all tickety-boo. I should be in bed, but I am just too frigging lazy to go. Work was very quiet today, and then this afternoon, for a long, drawn-out story I am too lazy to tell, I had to go to my old workplace for something and I visited with the old gang. First, I went in the back door and immediately ran into "Ernie", the famous Elder, and it was so neat to see him again, because he was always so damn nice, although so intellectual in a spiritual way that half the time I had no idea what he was talking about. My response to his philosophizing was always "Ernie, you lost me at hello." Then I ran into 3 of my still close friends, then I ran into the unhappy person trying to be happy, then I ran into "Karen" who has this hair thing going on that was distracting me, then I ran into the pot-head, and then I saw Bert and then I saw Millie - it was like homecoming.
Then we picked up the kids from school and went to look at a couch at this store - our furniture is literally falling to pieces - literally. There was that cheap shit at the Brick for 1000 bucks for couch and loveseat but as I said it's "bonded leather" which apparently isn't exactly real leather - it's only 17% leather, and made from scraps of leather melted together or something. So I am worried about durability but want something cheap because of the kids and animals. Then there was this set today, 2600 for all leather, not just the seats and backs, Italian leather, and it's nice but again, I didn't really want to spend that much. SO I dunno. We are trying to save for a tent trailer, so i dunno - I'll let you know what we decide.
Then daughter #3 was crying and crying saying her ear hurt and I didn't believe her but my doctor now has walk-in hours, so we get her in there, and lo and behold she has tonsilitis AND an ear infection. So then i felt bad because I didn't believe her.
Ooh creepy - the kids have their dolls lined up on the floor in the basement in rows, like they drank the Kool-Aid in Jonestown, although they probably had them set that way because they were playing school or something. But anyway, they look all creepy lying there.
Anyway, you can tell I have nothing to say. I have nothing to even google.... Facebook is even quiet. Ah well, maybe I'll just go to bed and read - I am reading the Kathy Griffin book and a Julia Child bio. I finished her "My Life in Paris" and I am addicted to her now. I also bought that stupid Twilight book at Winner's tonight and see what the hell the hype is about. Found lots of shit in Winner's. I had a huge missing my mom pang there, and it's actually laughable what made me think of her - "Saved By Zero" by the Fixx came on, and I was just awash with missing her. Then in the next second I had to bite my tongue from laughing because how do you turn to your wife and say "Winners and this 25 year old not well known song by the Fixx about... fuck, who know's what the hell the song is about... is bringing back memories of good old mom". I am not even going to explain the mental chain that connected that to her. Not tonight anyway - I'm getting tired and you wouldn't get it anyway.
By the way, what the fuck are ANY songs by the Fixx about? Can you tell me what Sign of Fire or One Thing Leads to Another or Saved By Zero about? Can you even make out the majority of the lyrics? I had two Fixx albums, Reach the Beach and Phantoms, and I loved them, but I can't tell you what any of those songs were about. Hmmmm....
I think I have a personal goal in mind about turning 40, although i don't think I can do it until I'm 41 - but remember how Oprah wanted to run a marathon at 40? Well, it's that kind of goal - I'll talk about it later. I'll keep y'all in the dark.
Anyway, I am going to go read one of my books. Sorry this is so flat and boring, but I just got nothin'.
Peace out.

1 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Rox said...

Saved By Zero is one of my favorite Fixx songs. It reminds me of Johnny Paquita.

I just finished Mackenzie Phillips' book and OMG it was good! Made me feel better about my own effed up life.

I say keep looking for the furniture. The right set will come along.

I am almost ready to read the Twilight series. Almost. I might wait until winter is really here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home