Sunday, December 21, 2008

So it's minus 31 or something like that right now. The wind chill is minus 41 the Weather Channel says. It's supposed to go down to minus 35 tonight - and the next like 4 nights. What the fuck is this all about? It's been cold for days. And have y'all seen the conditions in B.C.? The daytime highs in my old hometown are like minus 13 and windchills of minus 30, and snow.... it's been like that for like a week as well, and tonight there is still a blizzard warning for the lower mainland. The frigging Conservative must be loving this, because this weather makes Al Gore seem like a kook.
So I have nothing at all interesting to say. Nothing. Went shopping again today in the cold and I think we have ALMOST everything done. We haven't wrapped sweet bugger all though, so that's gonna be fun. I am working one more day, or maybe just a 1/2 day if I can get everything done, and then I am off.
I am reading the new Wally Lamb book. Another of his 800 pagers, but I have to say I think it's my favorite so far of his. I am only a 1/4 through it, so I am not exactly sure where it's going to go. I seriously have about 12 books on the go. It's weird. Ever since my mom died, I have not been able to finish a book. I can get to ALMOST the end, but then I just can't finish it. Don't ask me what the hell that means, but whatever. I am planning to finish all these damn almost-done books at Christmas, because Steadmina is getting a little miffed at the two baskets of books next to my side of the bed.
Frigging facebook isn't working tonight.
I've got some weird-ass thing going on with my throat. I have a big tonsil, and it hurt like a bitch last night and it was sort of bleeding when I woke up. Don't ask me what the hell that is about either. All I know is that I'll wait for an hour in a walk-in clinic and have them tell me there is nothing wrong and then I'd feel like a moron. There IS this white spot on the tonsil, but I think it's just "debris" as this walk-in doctor told me I had the last time I went there with a mark on my tonsil.
Holy fuck, this is so boring. So boring.... I am just not inspired tonight, I suppose.
OMG, above me is this little Nativity Scene, I don't know where we got it, but it's small, and all the stuff is in this little wooden manger, and it's not like loose - it's all glued into place. Anyway, all the figurines look normal, except there is this one freaky looking wise man who is black with these FREAKY white eyes. he looks evil. Like it's seriously creeping me out. It is conjuring up memories of that Sambo plate I was scared of as a child.
I'm getting the hell out of here and going to bed. I need to get away from this thing. Ugh, I'll send a pic of it one day....

1 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger Rox said...

I'm so cold, I'm dreading the trip to GP on Tuesday as it's supposed to be a balmy -31. Fuck. Every morning I wake up expecting it to break and has it? Um, no. -35 here this morning. Fucking cold snaps anyway.

Three Wise Men. This should be proof right there that the Bible is hooey...as IF there were ever THREE wise men, never mind all together in one place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home