Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I so don't understand the whole Canadian voting thing. I really don't. I don't want to vote for some hillbilly MP - I want to vote for the leader. Like, seriously, it doesn't even matter who the fuck I vote for anyway, because Saskatchewan has like, what, a dozen ridings? Whooooooo, we can change the fucking nation. Even if I could somehow get out there and convince every other sad sack in this province to vote for the frigging Marijuana Party or some other such freak thing, we would never be changing the nation. No, we'd be a sidebar in the election coverage: "This is Lloyd Robertson. Saskatchewan has been sweeped by the Ganja Party! Now, on to Quebec, where it really matters."
Like seriously, we could all vote for the Lesbian Midgets Party, and it would mean nothing. But in Quebec, well, they vote to become their little Island of cheese eaters, and it effects everyone. Like tonight, they were going on and on that if Harper wanted a majority, he'd have to win seats in Quebec, because apparently every fucking poutine stand is it's own vote rich riding. But since they couldn't win those, Old Harpie didn't get his majority. Well fuck me up the ass with a chainsaw, but it annoys me that they decide who we get because they have so many seats. Honest to God, where the hell is reform for voters? And they are talking about some candidate in Quebec tonight and they mention that he is immensely popular there because he is on some French Soap Opera. WTF? This is Canada? I don't think so. And you know, in theory, I am all about the Liberals on paper. But since they wouldn't cross the street to piss on anyone out west if they were on fire, since all the important votes for them are in seat rich Ontario and Quebec, well, fuck em. But then that means I am stuck voting NDP, which I do believe in but I know will never form a government federally, so I feel like I am just throwing the fucking vote away. I am just so disillusioned.
OK, rant over. At least Harper didn't get a majority. I would rather give my vote to Screech from Saved By the Bell than to that phony evil hair-helmuted wisenheimer.
So anyway. I am so frigging tired. We just spent 4 days in Edmonton. I post on that later. Just had to rant about the election. now I must be on my quest to find a wii for xmas. wish me luck!

3 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger Rox said...

Derwood said he would have voted NDP except he knew they wouldn't win and was scared that Dion would end up PM. I think many people felt that way too. I voted with my heart and my head and it felt good.

The election cost Canada 300 million dollars. For the same results we had going IN to the election.

I'm writing Harper. I want my fucking money back.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Devo said...

Tell it like it is! I couldn't agree more, and I think Rox is right, what a freakin waste of our money, aren't we in a fucking recession????? I would just really love to see a few years of the NDP as the official opposition, maybe we'd get somewhere on some key issues that matter to persons of environmental conscience. I know we exist. dammit.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Eventhough I knew the NDP wouldn't get in federally I wanted our candidate to get reelected and was happy he did.
Now on the good ol' american election! I'll need a bottle of wine to get me through that night!
I agree with Rox...what a waste of money...300 million dollars!!!WTF??
BTW...what happened with the house?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home