Sunday, October 19, 2008

MP3 Random songs.

Ok, quickie new post a la Chunks - going to hit random on the MP3 and tell you about the first 10 songs:
Innocent (With an Explantion) - Luba - Whoa, any Luba reminds me of Swift Current, SK for some reason. I bought the Luba ep there. I walked to the Swift Current Mall to buy it. Anyway, I love this song, but never listen to it.
Hanginaround - Counting Crows - I really liked the Crows, one of the few bands I liked in the 90s, but the lead singer annoyed me
Escape (the Pina Colada Song) - Rupert Holmes - I have childhood memories to this song so I can't dis it. It reminds me of being at my parents' friends' house, the Wymers, who had a pool and while they didn't have cable they always had Kraft Cheese and Crackers on hand. i remember listening to it on their radio. I knew a girl once who thought the song was called "If you like me Nikolada". I ain't making any of this up. Anyway, I love making love in the dunes of the cape too.
Easy Lover - Phil Bailey and Phil Collins - I love this album, Walking on the Chinese Wall, but it reminds me of vomiting. In grade 9, 1985, my dad was out of town and we ordered pizza, a loaded with feta cheese on it, and I ate like fucking Carnie Wilson, and then my sister took me to A & A Records and I bought this album and then the next morning I felt so sick and my mom was trying to make me go to school and then I puked in my garbage can whilst watching Donahue interview Cher. It was the first time I puked through my nose and kept blowing chunks of meat out my schnoz.... I didn't eat pizza for two years.
Love Bizarre - Sheila E. - I love this song. Grade 10 all the way. So sexy, this song. We all want a love bizarre, don't we? Shoulda been #1.
Caught up in You - .38 Special - not really sure why this is on here....... But it brings back memories... .but again, nothing I listen to unless its on the radio... but it reminds me of my aunt and uncle's old farm.... dunno why.
Better Not tell her - Carly Simon - I love this song... nothing to say about it though...
A Million Miles Away - Plimsouls - OMG, classic. From my fave teen movie, Valley Girl. This means so much to me. Reminds me of when I'd wish we'd move to the Valley so I could fall in love and listen to cool music. Seriously. OMG, I love this song. Memories....
Van Halen - Dreams - No idea why that's on here.... hmmm....
Attitude Dancing - Carly Simon - why 2 Carly songs when I hit random? Something is fucked up...
Boogie on Reggae Woman - Stevie Wonder - my favorite saying.
Take my Heart - Corey Hart - love this romantic song. Reminds me of walking though the mall by A & W as a teenager... not entirely sure why...
AND FINALLY...
At the Feet of the Moon - Parachute Club - Love this song. Reminds me of Swift Current too, for some reason. I used to think the singer was a man... LOLOL, seriously....

3 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger Rox said...

I LOVE the Pina Colada song. I remember my dad having one of those song lyrics books back in the 70s that had all the words to today's hits and the Pina Colada song was in it and I remember totally getting the irony of that song whilst sitting on the shitter.

The Feet of the Moon song was stuck in my head for three days the last time I heard it! That was on the way to Jasper to see Dev. Man. Good times. She was a homely woman, no wonder you mistook her for a dude.

I like the Counting Crows too. You didn't listen to Sister Hazel or the Gin Blossoms in the 90s? After my Tragically Hip humiliation, I got right back to the music stuff. Stupid Barney.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Devo said...

Nice tunes. You guys would have been so proud of me last night, the only song I refused to dance to last night was Bob Seger-Old Time Rock and Roll. I thought of you both as I walked off the dance floor too. Other than that, I was totally non discriminating. I haven't danced so much in forever, it was so fun!

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

^^^^^Dancing!! I want to get drunk and go dancing!LOL(okay I'll admit I'm a bit of a redneck!!)
I agree, I can't stand the old time rock and roll...
Rox..what was your tphip humiliation??
I'm going to copy you both and do this later on...
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home