Sunday, September 07, 2008

Blah Blah Blah, whatever

-- Point form because I am tired and melancholy right now.

-- Melancholy because we started the process of cleaning out my parents' things in their apartment and taking stuff, and that's no picnic. I am also saddened that there isn't all that much that I can find that has a sentimental attachment. I dunno, she must have chucked everything old or something. I don't know..... But I did sneak a photo album of their going-away party when we moved from B.C. And I looked at it tonight and that is what made me melancholy. My dad's Detachment, since he was the boss, put together this huge book of pics of our house and the town and the lakes and the mountains and parades my dad led, and parties and his staff and ball teams and their yearly formal Balls, and then their going away party plus cards from people, and it was just too much. And you know how I always am stuck on "the move" and how traumatic that was and stuff? Well, it brought back so much sadness and I wondered how it affected my mom to leave her kids (well, except me) two provinces behind, and go to a city I know she hated to go to.... And then I thought "I am more self involved than the characters on Dawson's Creek, except I don't have cool background music." LOLOL, but yeah, it's the shitty memories and hurts that keep us up at night.

-- I am also melancholy than I know secretly that the pastor that I spoke of before is leaving town. He's the one my wife, who is pretty much an agnostic, told me to talk to - if that isnt a sign, I don't know what is - anyway, I hear they are leaving. And so I'll use that as an excuse not to further my spiritual path. Ok, so I am cynical right now... anyway, whatever.

-- I cooked the fucking best meatloaves tonight. God bless that fucking Kraft magazine thingy - it was those ones you do in muffin tins, and the kids asked for seconds.

-- I keep wondering when my sadness will annoy people.

-- I still have half my mom's dentures in my closet. I can't throw them out. Does that make me crazy?

-- I wonder why I am so hot at night all the time. I sweat like Dom fucking DeLouise at night. Am I going through some sort of andropause? Am I fevered at night? Do I have Dengue Fever?

-- Can I purchase Maple Leaf bacon? I'd like to cook my family an artery clogging breaky tomorrow - I'm willing to risk it for bacon.

-- I've changed my underwear preference after a decade. I seem to be going from boxer-briefs back to briefs. I don't know why, but I am at peace with my decision.

-- You know how I vote provincially for the NDP but federally for the Liberals because I don't want to throw my vote away on the federal NDP? Well, this time, I will vote for the NDP federally because Dion is just a plain old fucking retard. Really, he is. And I don't want to sound like a xenophobe, but learn to speak better English, you dork. And I still have issues with my mother who voted for Harper last time. Well, this time, I will be giving Layton my vote. I have so many conservatives in my life, and I've learned you just have to love them for the misinformed fools that they are.....

-- I am gonna make a big honkin' cauldrin of borsht tomorrow. Did y'all know I make the world's best borsht? Well, I do.

-- I want to go to bed but I need the washer to finish. Did you know our washer takes 48minutes for a normal load to complete? With that amount of time, you'd think Hop-Sing was crouched in my laundry room ironing my shirts or something.

-- Jacqueline Smith's facelift doesn't look creepy, really, but I wonder what it looks like without make-up on (she was just on tv)

-- My darling wife taped the View for me yesterday because Chelsea Handler was on, and now everything is scripted. Like, there was no spontinaety - I can't spell that word - anyway, it was all scripted. And Whoopi has a big honkin' neck tatoo thingy, and you all know how I think tattoos look like cheap trailer trash markings. Well, if you thought she was hideous before the tattoo, you ain't in Kansas anymore, Dorothy.

-- I wish I could just sit back and listen to Jackson Browne all evening.... nothing like some jackson to make your melancholy even more melancholic.

-- The washer has stopped, so I better get to bed. Sorry for the boring posts. Maybe October will bring more exciting posts.

4 Comments:

At 2:23 AM, Blogger Rox said...

Were your ears ringing off your damn head tonight because Dev and I were talking about you at great lengths....maybe you SHOULD pack up your borscht and meet us in Jasper! We're going to try to find hoodies, maybe matching. So we can be twins like that time in grade eight were we bought those football vests that matched and then we just took the little football crests off so no one would know that we bought them in the boys' section. Anyway.

Jackson Browne is the shizzle, dizzle! I love him. I need to sleep. Your melancholia will never get old for me because I'm one step away from being the next Jann Arden. That step, of course, being the TALENT step. latida....

 
At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baby baby baby, i love the melancholy.... We love you and won't get tired of you being sad, live it, feel it, let it all run through you, we're here to listen. I love Jackson Browne...and you should come to Jasper, we'll get you drunk and sing sad songs with you all night long....all night long....all night. I'm a closet Lionel Richie fan.
Dev

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

You should share some of your recipes.
Your sadness won't annoy anyone...although I keep thinking the same thing. I had someone tell me today...(close family member on husband's side)"You think you're sad...we had death after death after death in the '70's..."I replied, "and that makes me feel better how???...I should be happy that more members of my family aren't dying?"
Oy...
Hang tough...it does get easier(although me and my hubby had one helluva emotional weekend...so don't take too much advise from us!!LOL)
:)
p.s...You questioned whether it was weird that you couldn't throw out your mom's dentures...when I read that, I thought,"geez, I wish dad wore dentures so I could have them!" How 'bout that for weird!

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I got a Kraft canada recipe magazine in the mail today and on the last page is the mini meatloaves recipe...How excited am I??LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home