Saturday, September 06, 2008

http://www.80smusicvids.com/
Easier than trying to think what to youtube. Right now I am watching You Can Do Magic by America. Of course, it's making me melancholy because it reminds me of being like 13 and travelling to my aunts in the south and of course that was a time I had two healthy parents and was protected by them, but whatever, I am smiling at the memories nevertheless.... LOLOL, oh man, I'm gonna be a bit of a downer for a while yet, won't I?
Now I am going to put on Alison Moyet's Is it love? Let's see if I like it still....
LOLOLO0L, well if THAT doesnt cheer me up, nothing will. I had this taped on Beta and used to watch it all the time, why I don't know. I was thinking I had a thing for her, but looking at it now, I find it hard to believe I was a British maybe-lesbian chubby-chaser, but who the hell knows.... LOLOLOL, hmmmmm........ what the fuck?
OMG, now I watching IOU by Freez - I still treadmill to this song, but I never saw a video - the BMX bikes and the fucking WHITE guys make it seem gay. I always pictured hip black people singing this song..... hmmmm... I wish I never went beyond this green door.....
OMG, now I am watching "Love Changes Everything" by Climie Fisher, which I fucking LOVED in grade 12. I think the singer is dead now, but still, it's an awesome song... I feel all melancholy. But these people are all fucking hideous.
OMG, is there a better summer song than Paul Carrack's "Don't Shed a Tear"? - Cab fare to nowhere is what you are - I wish I would have thought of that one myself!
OK, and right now I am watching "Can You Feel the Beat" by Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam with Full Force. I have to admit that I listened to this song, as well as their "I Wonder if I Take You Home" compulsively in grade 10 and 11. I thought this was the fucking SHIT, man. This was back when I wanted to be a wanna-be homey, and fantasized about moving to New York, with my Bill Cosby sweaters and plastic bracelets and big fucking medallion of Africa, hanging out with the break dancers and the Hispanics - me and Lisa Lisa against the world..... fuck I was a moron, hey? Again, I share too much.
Ok, I am going to finish the night with "Blue Jean" by Bowie. He fucking rocks. I should be hanging with him and Iman.
No, wait, I'm gonna end it with "Gypsy", one of my favorite videos of all time... Thank sweet Jesus for the healing powers of Stevie Nicks and crew...goddamn they don't make em like that anymore.
Happy weekend,
xo
JT

1 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Blogger Rox said...

I saw your FB status update and KNEW you'd been kicking it with the 80s videos!!! Nothing can cheer a person up quite like 80s videos! All you need is a bottle of Lonesome Charlie and some Lizard Mixture.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home