Tuesday, June 26, 2007

too boring for a title

Just a quickie - It is 11 o'clock and I should be in bed. I am in Regina tonight, for a meeting tomorrow morning for that committee I am on. It's sort of approaching my busy time at work, so I feel torn being here, but whatever. I really felt bad about going because my kids are missing me. Yes, I know, it is one night, but the oldest two shed tears, and I just got a call from Kelly, crying, because she misses me and can't sleep. I feel so bad. I got here at about 6:30, and missed the turn-off to the hotel because I was daydreaming, so then I just went to Old Navy, spent a pile of money I don't have and bought myself some 1/2 price gitch and t-shirts, a pair of 1/2 price shorts and a shirt, and dresses for the girls. Then I went to Subway and sat by myself as I at my sub and then I hauled my ass over to the Y and ran on the treadmill for 1/2 an hour, and then tried an elliptical machine, and then on my way to the shower I discovered a steam room so I went and sweated out a couple pounds of toxins, and left feeling rejuvenated and proud that I didn't do my usual "stuck in a hotel" pattern and order a pizza and stuff my face. So then I went to Chapters and then didn't get here until 10. There was grad going on down on the second floor and they all looked so nice and classes and it was so fancy to have it in a ballroom, rather than some shitty-ass crepe papered gym or whatever. They were paying "Girls Just Want to Have FUn" and then "Sunrise" by Simply Red, and I wanted to go in and join the party. ANyway, they put me in a deluxe room on the 24th floor and I have an awesome view, but I miss the kids and can't relax.
Anyway, life has been ultra busy lately, thus no blogging. I haven't been really facebooking like Roxanne thinks, because I don't know, it pisses me off. I want to see profiles without adding the people as friends, because the people i want to know about, I don't consider friends... lol, you know what I mean. So it's frustrating.
I owe apologies to Devo and KB. I haven't commented forever. I swear I will this week. Bare with me. Life just got crazy. And I have fuck all to say tonight. But I just wanted to say hey while I sit here in my room wishing I was home. And don't get me wrong - I love Regina. If I had to move anywhere, I'd pick Regina. I love the city and feel at home here and think it's really beautiful. But, alas, when I know my babies are crying for me 3 1/2 hours north, well, it's a buzz kill.
Anyway, I will leave you with this boring post so I can go floss my teeth before I go completely mental with whatever is stuck between my molars.
Have a good day y'all - I'll be more peppy when I get back home!
Remember, who's yo' daddy? JT.

3 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Blogger Devo said...

So glad to hear from you, I thought maybe you were whoring at Face Book also!!!haha. I've never been to Regina. You should post a picture if you have one. It's hard leaving the kids, but good for you for working out and keeping busy instead of the alternative, which is what my poor old hubby does when he leaves us. My sister wants us to leave the kids and go to the Dominican next spring and I'm debating. Our trip to Maui wasn't too great for me cuz I hated leaving the kids so much. Silly, I know. Ciao for now.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Chunks said...

Facebook pisses me off too and I thought it was kind of weird that everyone I clicked on also did not have a profile, so now I know it is just a scam and I can wash my hands of it. Blah blah stupid Facebook anyway. Does it seem kind of bizarre that NO ONE ever posts a cranky assed picture of themselves? I mean, they are always this smiling face? Facebook seems like High School and frankly the only thing good about that was the music!!

My cousin lives in Regina. She is Daisy's daughter. She has three daughters whom I have never met. Not that close this crazy family of mine.

Did you happen to pick up the newest Stevie Nicks Greatest Hits? I did today and I am going to give it a spin tomorrow. I think I will love it!!

Feel better papa, hopefully by the time I've posted this comment, you are back in cozy old PA, bleaching something and tucking in your girls.

I'm still laughing about the Svend comment. Hahahah!

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger KB said...

Don't feel bad about not commenting, I don't give squat about that. I just like that you take the time to take a little peek into my ultra vanilla boring life!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home