Saturday, June 02, 2007

that meme thingy

Three Things MeMe...

Three Things That Scare Me:
1. Phone calls in the middle of the night
2. wasps
3. pandemics

Three People Who Make Me Laugh:
1. Rachel
2. Margo
3. Sharon

Three Things I Love:
1. rainy fall nights
2. reading a good book, preferably Augusten, Sedaris, or Helen Fielding, or Rosemary's Baby - I love a good reread - it's comfort food for the soul.
3. getting hugs from my girls

Three Things I Hate:
1. Mustard
2. chafing (it's been a hot week)
3. panic attacks

Three Things I Don't Understand:
1. Physics (I'll explain in the next post)
2. People who never put their children first
3. What a butt plug is for

Three Things On My Desk:
I am sitting at the table, so:
1.) glass of wine
2.) vase of 26 roses
3.) a towel full of sand

Three Things I’m Doing Right Now:
1. listening to HGTV wishing I had the energy to find the remote
2. burping
3. debating the merits of choosing chips over a banana

Three Things I Want To Do Before I Die:
1.) Own a beachfront house in Malibu and another one on Martha's Vineyard and an apartment in the Dakota and might as well throw a light house in there as well, as that was once a dream too.
2. publish a book of essays
3. Ensure my children live happy lives

Three Things I Can Do:
1. I can be sorta amusing when I am motivated to write
2. make the best borsht in the world
3. I'm pretty fucking good at laundry

Three Things I Can’t Do:
1. Sing
2. hammer a nail
3. control the world

Three Things I Think You Should Listen To:
1. Joni Mitchell's Hegira
2. Hole's Celebrity Skin
3. Rosanne Cash

Three Things You Should Never Listen To:
1. McLean's Magazine
2. Huey Lewis
3. Anyone with a pissing Calvin on the back of their truck.

Three Things I’d Like To Learn:
1. How to build a house
2. Piano
3. To not be afraid - this was Chunks' answer, but it's good.

Three Favorite Foods:
1. turkey
2. spaghetti with meat sauce
3. Chinese food or Japanese food

Three Shows I Watched As A Kid:
1. One Day at a time
2. Facts of Life
3. Dallas

Three Things I Regret:
1. All the opportunites I passed up because of fear
2. Not applying myself in high school
3. Buying a Joan River's album in grade 8, buying a Juice Newton album in grade 9, buying a Sigue Sigue Sputnik tape in grade 10, buying a Jennifer Rush tape in grade 11, buying the Dirty Dancing soundtrack in grade 12, buying a Deelite tape when I was already an adult - also, I regret stealing a Dolly Parton 45 from the Whore while drunk, so I could give it to a crush - I shoved it in my pants and then couldn't sit in the truck on the way home, because someone had to sit on my lap, so I have to take out the record and the jig was up and I still get bugged about it when I see certain people.

I have noone to tag, because I am loser who sits up past bedtime drinking wine and eating forbidden chips.

3 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Chunks said...

I started laughing at chafing and then burst out laughing at the pissing Calvin. So frigging true!!

Drink the wine, eat the chips and be yourself, pondering physics and butt plugs into the wee hours.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I have to delurkerfy myself.
I read your blog daily via Chunks. You, Chunks, Devo and Margo should start an online magazine...
you guys are hilarious!

 
At 12:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Three Things I Don't Understand:
1. Physics (I'll explain in the next post)
2. People who never put their children first
3. What a butt plug is for"

LOLOL
thanks so much for this last one!
my kids are wondering what I'm sitting at my computer giggling about

 

Post a Comment

<< Home