Thursday, June 28, 2007

friends, our love is so right!

Oh sweet Jesus, my legs/shins are sorer than a hooker's ass during the full moon at Fort Mac on payday. You see, I was all cocky after my big old night of exercise, so then yesterday, when my meeting ended early, I stopped by the U of R to see some friends, found sweet bugger all for people, so I just went back to the Y, worked my ass off again, and hit the highway. OH, and somebody stole my bodywash right in front of me, so if you are reading this, deadbeat, well, I hope it gives you hives. And I pissed in the bottle. And I have leprosy germs all over my hands. Enjoy! Anyway, sidetrack - So tonight, at 10:26 p.m. to be exact, I jumped off the couch, changed clothes, and went for a jog on the riverbank. I haven't run outside since Phyllis Diller was still menstruating, but I kept thinking how hard can it be since I do my bike and treadmill and whatever... well, it was about as hard as Aaron Neville's cigar-burn mole on his head, lemme tell you. I only jogged maybe 15 minutes, maybe not even, but it was so hard because of the shock on my shins. I've always had shin problems.... fuck! It hurts! But, I'll do some research on the type of shoe to buy and keep trying. I have no idea why I am so motivated, but I've lost 11 lbs and feel so much fucking better. I'm back, baby! But we are leaving for the lake tomorrow for the weekend, which is always a huge breakfast/bacon fest every morning, and i can't resist that good shit, and as I said, since there is no tv, I just want to eat every second of the day, so I am worried. And there is a family reunion there, but I want nothing to do with beer and wine, so I am going to pick up some vodka and treat myself to a vodka and diet coke if I am good.

Anyway, I got over the whole sad from being away from home thing, thanks for the nice thoughts. And Devo commented that she wanted to see pics of Regina. LOL, well, you'd think it was ugly... but it's not. It's always had a horrible rep, but once you get to know it, it's great. It's not too big, only like 200,000 people, the roads are constructed such that you can get wherever the hell you need to in 10 minutes or less, shopping is awesome, and, God help me for saying this, but I love the flatness. Yes, me, Mr. Mountain Man, is equally attracted to the flatness of the open prairie down there. I love that from my hotel on the 24th floor, I saw the entire city, literally, and out in the country for miles in all directions. It's pretty breathtaking. I can't explain it, but I feel some sort of connection with that land. Am I getting all Sylvia Browne? LOL, anyway, I can't explain it, but it feels like home, instinctively, just as much as the lower mainland does for me and the mountains. It's weird. I should write about about landscape connections.

Oy, I am rambling. It must be the pain. Fucking stupid ass shins, that are probably broken or something. I'm such a gluehead. Anyway, it was funny because as I start running, Patti Smith's "People Have the Power" came on my mp3 player, followed by "Runner" by Manfred Mann, so it was motivation to hear those.

I am not working tomorrow, in hopes we'll make it to the lake by early afternoon. Rachel works until noon so I was going to do errands. Will I look like a child welfare case if I leave the kids in the car as I go buy my bottle of vodka? Hmmm, that won't look good.

I wonder if I have a throat infection. Long story short, something is rotten in the state of Denmark, me thinks.

Oh, what else.... On the 3.5 hour drive from Regina yesterday, I listened to Dave Matthew's Everyday, a cd I fucking love, you could almost say a favorite, and just rocked the shit out of my van. The song "So Right" just puts me in an awesome, euphoric mood every time I listen to it, the way he just repeats so insistently "our love is so right!" Damn, I wish I would have written that album. You know, Chunks, you'd love that album if you gave it a shot, really you would, trust me. He always used to annoy me until this one, which I bought for "I Did It", and I just fell in love with it. Ah well, what the hell do any of you care about what I listen to. LOL, on the drive down, I was listening to a Fleetwood Mac compilation I made, mostly of TUSK songs, since I now think that album is fucking GENIUS, 29 years later - took that long to get the whole thing and now, whammo! - and songs from before Stevie and Lindsey were in the band, and I had some sort of revelation about some song and thought I would post it, and then I said to myself "AND who will give a motherfucking rat's ass, dickhead?" Well, not that exactly, I just feel like cussing. You ever feel like that?

Anyhow, Margo, go into my facebook friends and see Clara, if she didn't add you yet - she looks hot. I couldn't figure out who she was at first. Did I tell you she called me a couple years ago? It was so frigging weird to hear from her... I forgot about that.
Well, I better get to bed since it's so damn late. Child #1 picks up her report card tomorrow and then it's done for the year. Time flies.......
Have a good long weekend, peeps. I'll be holding you close in my heart as you celebrate with your loved ones.

3 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger Chunks said...

Shin splints are the worst! You need better shoes if you are going to run on pavement. You'll be crippled at 40. Take it from someone who is almost crippled at 40.

So the Joni albums, are what? I have yet to spin one song on one CD yet. Stupid fucking nightshifts. Anyway, I've obviously never told you about the Stars on Ice/James Taylor in concert fiasco of 1999, have I? Well, Murphy and I and a couple of other women, went to SOI one year and proceeded to get drunk. We go back to the hotel and no one but me wanted to party, so we all went back to our rooms and I watched James Taylor in Concert, whom I love. My roommate was all "Why are you watching this?" It was funny. Probably because I was hammered on stadium beer.

Oh and obviously, I've never talked to you about Dave Matthews either. I have the Crush CD and I love the song Crash. I love the whole disc, but "sweet like candy to my soul, sweet you rock and sweet you roll" always gets me and I always think, "If Darin could write and sing a song like that to me, he'd get laid everyday!" Even ugly rock stars get laid and that is why.

My comment is as long as your post.

Eat and drink sensibly at the Lake and try not to get Dengay Fever or something.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Devo said...

I read recently that the best way to strengthen the shins and feet is actually to exercise in bare feet, but you have to work your way up. Shoes actually weaken the muscles throughout the lower leg because they provide too much support. It was in this running mag my hubby bought. So I started running barefoot on my treadmill after that, it actually felt good. Hope they feel better. I find your musical choices very interesting only because I love music also and have a limited collection. I love Dave Matthews but only have one of his albums!? Hope you had a great weekend at the lake.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I was laughing so hard after the first sentence.
Great post!
I agree though shin splints suck. I'm not sure why I don't get them anymore. Certainly not because I'm in some great shape or something. I always walk at least 2 minutes before I jog( a very very slooooow jog I might add!)and stretch afterwards. Maybe the reason I don't get shin splints is I'm not really moving...?
Hope you're enjoying this summer day !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home