Monday, March 12, 2007

One of these Meme things about music

Name your top 10 most played bands from your music library:

Ok, this will be interesting:
1.) Joni Mitchell
2.) Fleetwood Mac
3.) U2
4.) Stevie Nicks
5.) James Taylor
6.) Rosanne Cash
7.) The Cure
8.) The Eagles
9.) Prince
10.) Carly Simon

What was the first song you ever heard by 6?

It would have been "Seven Year Ache" of course, back in 81 or so, and as an 11 year old I bought the tape even though it was country. I didn't become a fanatic though until I heard "All we Need" back in 90 and "Rules of Travel" in 2003.
What is your favorite album of 2?

Well, it would have to be Rumours for nostalgia followed by Mirage, although Tusk is fast becoming a favorite and the one I listen to most.

What is your favorite lyric that 5 has sung?

"Well the sun is slowly sinking down/and the moon is slowly rising/and this old world must still be spinning around/ and I still love you..." from "You can Close Your Eyes" which is Kristen's song when she was born.

How many times have you seen 4 live?

-- Once, with Fleetwood Mac, without Lindsey, back in... I don't know, 1991? I cried like a pansy.

What is your favourite song by 7?

"All I Want" followed by "Just Like Heaven" and "A Night Like This

"What is a good memory you have involving the music of 10?

-- Sitting in the bathtub when I was 4, while my sister and her friend Jane played "You're So Vain" over and over again.
-- Laying in bed, after midnight, during a warm summer night, with nothing on and that awesome summer breeze smell coming in my bedroom window, listening to "Gimme All Night" with headphones when I was about 17 or 18. Yes, that was better than the first one.

Is there a song of 3 that makes you sad?

-- Well, "One" isn't a tea party, that's for sure.

What is your favorite lyric that 2 has sung?

I'm giving you 4. If you don't like it, kiss my arse.
-- "I've been afraid of changing/because I've built my life around you/but time makes you bolder/children get older/and I'm getting older too." Landslide
-- "Time cast a spell on you, but you won't forget me....I'll follow you down til the sound of my voice will haunt you...." Silver Springs.
-- "And the Songbirds are singing like they know the score/And I love you, I love you, I love you, like never before". Songbird.
-- "I turned around/and the water was closing all around/like a glove/like the love/that had finally, finally found me/ - Crystal

How did you get into 3?
-- Video for "New Years Day". I loved the song and the video when I was like 14.

What was the first song you heard by 1?

-- Would have been "The Circle Game" which we sang in Grade 4 for a concert. We played ukeleles with it. Now that I have kids, I can't listen to the song without bawling.

What is your favorite song by 4?
-- I will only list Stevie solo and not her FM stuff so.... has to be "Stand Back" or "Some Become Strangers"

How many times have you seen 9 live?

-- I actually had tickets in 2003, and we had 4th row! Forth row, in a small theater. The stupid purple motherfucker cancelled that afternoon. Stupid asshole.

What is a good memory you have involving 2?

-- Listening to "You Make Loving Fun" on 14C-FUN on the radio when I was about 8, in my sister's car with her and her friends, at night time, on the way to the high school to watch a Basketball game.

Is there a song of 8 that makes you sad?-- "Wasted Time" - Eagles

What is your favorite album of 5?

-- Hourglass

What is your favorite lyric that 3 has sung?

-- I dunno, I can't isolate it, choose any lyric from "The Unforgettable Fire", "Running to Stand Still" or "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking for" - however, tonight it's Running to Stand Still.

What is your favorite song of 1?

hmmmm.... changes weekly... hmmmmmm.........tonight it's "Amelia" or "Let the Wind Carry Me".... hmmmmmm

What is your favorite song of 10?
-- "Touched By The Sun"

How many times have you seen 8 live?
-- I couldn't afford it when Hell Froze Over.

What is your favorite album of 1?-- Changes all the time.... tonight it's For the Roses and Blue

What is a great memory you have considering 9?

-- Hearing "When Doves Cry" the first time. I am not lying, it was one of those moments that you never forget. It came on the radio and I seriously felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and thinking "what IS this?" I will truly never forget it. It was one of those moments where you realize the importance of music and the way it affects your life.In keeping with the song, I also have a great memory of wanting the tape so bad but not having money and then one pay day my sister took me downtown and first we went to Venice House for lunch where she bought me lasagna, and then she said she'd buy me Prince so I grabbed the 45 and she was all "don't you want the tape?" I was so excited.

What was the first song you heard by 8?

-- Something off of the Greatest Hits 1971-1975 8-Track my PARENTS had. Probably "Take it Easy".

What is your favorite cover by 2?

-- I can only think of one cover that they did, which would be from 1972, so I have to say "For Your Love".

3 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, Blogger Chunks said...

Fabu-fucking-lous!!!

I am loving your choices and your stories of said choices. I didn't know about your love of Prince, I'm impressed. I love Love LOVE The Beautiful Ones. Makes me bawl.

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger JT said...

ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! LOVE THE BEATIFUL ONES... Takes me back to being 14 again... love that song.. baby baby baaaaaaaaby....
i love that song.
oh man, we need to get together, put on the old tunes, drink a bottle of wine, and call googled childhood friends......
I love Prince - one of my faves.. i could go on and on...

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God!!!! The Beautiful Ones is my favorite Prince song, we so have to get together for some vino and music nostalgia!!! Love the Purple guy!! Devo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home