Thursday, March 29, 2007

He doesnt look a thing like Jesus

I really have no business trying to write anything at the moment. I am really tired and lazy right now. I actually just had one hell of a time trying to spell "business" - I spelled it "B-I-S" first, and then started chuckling, thinking "that's dope, B-I-Z, sort of like the Teena Marie song "Square Biz" and thinking my typo was really something intentional that made me the Daddy Mack, but then I just realized - I can't spell when I am tired, and my odd rationalizations make me seem sort of retarded - or at least sort of dim-witted. So anyway, I don't think I have it in me to even say anything.
It has been an insane week. Forgive my language, but it has been just fucking crazy. Work is hectic. And then last night, my darling baby girl woke up at 12:30, when we were just going to sleep, and we brought her into bed with us and she flipped and flopped and kicked me in the head and all of that fun stuff. So, I was still awake at 1:00, and then I was overtired and my mind was working overtime, and then I had this deep, indepth thinking spell - you know, when you think of these ideas at night and then wake up in the morning and say "WTF?" Well, I started thinking about my doctor, I dont know why, and was just really awestruck at all he sacrifices. I don't know if I've mentioned before, but I've known him since I was about 16. I used to babysit his kids when I was in highschool, back when he had two kids - they eventually had five, and I babysat them all. When I was in my first couple years of college, before I had to move to Saskatoon, I was actually pretty much a full time nanny for them. Well, I'd clean their house one day, babysit a couple others. Anyway, I've known them forever, but the magnitude of what he sacrifices for others didn't hit me fully until last night - I kept thinking of the long 12 hour days, the interruptions in the middle of the night, the calls away from dinner to birth babies or sit with the dying, breaking awful news to people, comforting them, reassuring us worried parents about our fears for our kids, the whole thing. He never rushes you, never gets upset if you call him at home, never makes you feel like you are an imposition. He's the type of man I wish I was, but I am too lazy and selfish to be. So anyway, I was just stuck with this "holy shit, what sacrifices he makes" thought, and so I pondered that in bed, and then wondered what in the hell is my calling. Should I be doing something parallel to help humanity? So that kept me awake.
I somehow fell asleep, and then woke up at 3:30, and I don't know why, but I ended up in Kristen's bed. I think Kelly called me because her stuffed animal fell out of her bunk so I gave it to her, and then baby completely took over my side of the bed, so I went and slept on the bottom bunk. Their room was so bright this morning, however, that Kristen was up at 6:30 - she had her second day of preschool and wanted to get ready early. Yes, she begged to go to preschool, so she is going Tues/Thurs. mornings. It was hard to do it, but she wants it, so we can't deny her, and it will be good for her because she's so shy.
Anyway, so we've had that to deal with this week, and it's been emotional because it's hard to let go. But we don't want her to be so shy like Kelly is at school, so it's all good.
And then tonight, Kristen had ballet, so we get there, late, and see it was a costume day, where they get to dress in their costumes for the big show in May. Well, there were about 4 others who didn't have costumes, and she didn't care, but we felt like assholes for not realizing it was costume week. Oh Margo, remember... oh, what name to give her.... Irma Koala? From high school? You know, she hung out with Irma-Lee? She broke her arm by falling off of your car or whatever? Well, anyway, her kid is in the same class, and Irma was so loud because the costume week wasn't in the newsletter, so she was all loud and complaining "IT WASN'T IN THE F-ING NEWSLETTER" and I just wanted to say "shut the fuck up, Irma, you are too loud and are embarrassing me." So anyway, that was interesting.
Anyway, I am watching the news right now, and I am freaked out about everything - global warming is blamed for the heatwave that killed 35000 in Europe a few years ago, and they say we need to change things drastically, because the prairies will have water shortages, places at sea level will be under water, yada yada. THEN, all the bees in the states are dying of this disease or something, and things aren't being pollunated, and so things may not grow, and it just seems like the Rapture can't be far behind. Scare me Dorothy.
I told you this wouldn't be an up post. Sorry Chunks. Chunks is going through hell right now because she is moving, and I can't say anything other than I know what you all are going through and I am sorry and it will get better. But, dear friend, give extra patience to your oldest, who is annoying you, because she will be leaving her highschool friends, and her boyfriend of a year, the love of her life. So just let her be a psychotic bitch if she needs to be, or a crying, hysterical nutbar, or just a brat - it's a bad time of life for her to be doing this. A year from now, you can say to her 'you sure were an impossible asshole to live with when we moved' but for now, just roll with it. And buy yourself a cat. Come on, for me... get a cat.
Oh, so anyway, this will make you smile. Well, maybe not, but I find it humorous in a warped way. I've been really strangely affected by Joni's mom dying. Maybe because I finally saw my parents this weekend for my birthday - they had us for dinner - and they are really old, and their frailty was sinking in, but anyway, I just thought 'fuck Joni, I haven't gone through it yet, but I somehow know what you are going through on some strange plane." Anyway, my metaphysical moment aside, I keep thinking of them. And I've always had this fascination with Myrtle Anderson, her mom, not only because she documented her so well in song, but also because she has been Joni's greatest supporter. Well, anyway, the funeral was Tuesday, and, coincindentally, I was supposed to be in Regina on Wednesday, so I was going to pass through Saskatoon at exactly the time of the funeral. So I was going to go. I figured it would be huge and I'd just sit in the back, or the basement (last couple ones I've been to, overflow has been in the basement, with it being piped via speakers down there). So I was just going to slip in, pay my respects to Myrtle, and go on my merry way. Long story short, we had a storm warning and then a storm and a couple inches of thick, B.C. style heavy snow, and freezing rain, and I didn't go. And then I read the paper yesterday. 55 PEOPLE WERE THERE. THAT'S IT. Can you fucking imagine? 55 people and I walk in to pay respects? I am sorry, but I howled with laughter, me trying to be inconspicuous, and then sitting there with the frigging family.... or being booted out...... I dunno, I found it funny.... maybe it's just me.
So anyway, the Junos are in Saskatoon this weekend, and it's like the biggest thing around. Tomorrow night, I have to go to the Juno Cup. I have a ticket for work, and I have to go to the VIP thing. I dunno, I hate hockey, so I don't even know what in the hell the big deal is - a bunch of retired NHL players playing hockey against some Canadian musicians - I know hardly any of them. I recognize the dude from Blue Rodeo, Barney Bentall, Sloan, and I've heard of Billy Talent and Sam Roberts, but that's it. Oh, and Brent Butt is there too for some reason. Anyway, I get to go to a meet a greet, so that will be interesting I guess. Anyway, it will be broadcast nationally, so look for me - the fat-ass in the crowd.
Susan Agluark is here tonight, for some Aboriginal Juno show thing. I bet it was a real He-na-na-ho....
Holy mother of pearl, I am sweating like Frank from Trading Spaces right now. It's like my knackers have become ovaries, and they are sending out menopause signals. Holy crap, I'm just so hot.... so hot.... \
Well, I AM 37 now. I had no need for the birthday crisis this year. No need for the "I am getting so old" bullshit. It is what it is, and it is brilliant. I was just another day. I spent it getting groceries and scooping dog shit in the back yard, and sorting through a year of bottles, cans, and juice containers to recycle. It doesn't get any better than that.
And thank you to all of you for the birthday wishes. They warmed my heart. And right now, they are warming every inch of my body..... you could grow rice on me right now.... holy hannah.....
Anyway, I am out of things to say. I'll be more entertaining this weekend. I am just too tired right now. And hot. Did I mention I am hot?
TGIF people - I'll talk to y'all tomorrow.
Margo, let us know that you made it home safely. I worry about you when you do odd things like fly to Vancouver and then drive home throught the mountains back to Cowtown in the same day, during rain and mudslide season, and taking the stupid gross dangerous route home. You are one crazy mofo.
Later gators.

3 Comments:

At 6:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there.> Still alive. No need to worry.. :)

Margs

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Devo said...

You are so funny...the whole thing about the doctor and questioning the value of your work or whatever is such a Devony thing to do it made me laugh. It's really hard not to get all freaked out about the state of the world when you watch the news, eh? It wigs me out, and I hope it's not too little too late by the time everyone smartens the fuck up. You are so funny with your sweating like Frank thing, I love Frank even though his designs are the kitschy cheesiest country crap goin', I just love him. Sweat and all. Glad you had a nice birthday you old fart! haha. I am still older than you so what does that say about me? Devo

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Chunks said...

There's just too much to say about this whole post. Too much.

I love it when you ask us to forgive your language. Specially since we all swear like sailors! It's very gentlemanly of you. LOL!

No, I'm not high.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home