Monday, March 19, 2007

POST - DEVELOPED WITH BORING PEOPLE, APPARENTLY

I have nothing to say. I am dried up like a raisin, or a prune, or Joan Rivers' privates. In any case, I have nothing of value to say, which you can tell by the last couple posts. I think I am going to have to be desparate and do what the tv shows do and add a new character. Perhaps Cousin Oliver will come and live in my blog or something.
Of course, here I sit because I don't want to go to bed at 10 o'clock, because that would be just wrong (Superstore, Safeway, and Walmart are just closing - you can't go to bed when retail is still open, for the love of God). So, I am just going to do a random "whatever thought comes into my head" post.
So anyway, I am just sitting here, and my cat has spring fever. She's either trying to tell me about some kids in an abandoned well two towns over, or she's trying to warn us about an earthquake about to hit, or the dog sneezed in her water dish, or she's just plain weird and is into "maniality" (whatever the opposite of bestiality would be) and wants to make sweet love to me, because she's on my neck and head-butting my face, and purring in my ear and the more I shove her away, the more determined she is to come back and roll all over me. And, she's making my eyes itch, so it's gotta be spring coming around the bend.

Puzzler for you: I was in the shower this morning, and, since I always have to be reading something, I was reading the label of my shower gel. It's some Adidas stuff that I really like (I bought my favorite bar soap from the Body Shop last week, their Tea Tree Oil soap, but I don't like using it because it cost $6.66, and, well, that is an indication that it's going to lead to soap in the eye, or a urethral inflamation, or I'll drop it, and smack my head on the spiggot as I pick it up and pass out and then drown - I mean, it's all there in the price). Well, as I was saying, I like this body wash, but then I saw their wonderful advertising feature. On it, in b0ld print, it says "Developed with Athletes." Ok, don't get me wrong. I do respect athletes. Some of them, anyway. Well, curlers, anyway. But tell me this - how is this a selling feature? Ok, I know, athletes sweat and stink as part of their living, but don't tell me an athlete would know how to make the body wash work. Like what, Gretsky is sitting there in the lab, looking like Ashley from Young in the Restless when she's in the lab at Jabot, whipping up her perfume? So Gretsky smells it and says "just another dash or fragrance #4325, and then another 3 particles per cc of hydroxinulium for viscosity, and then maybe try the FDA blue/green 23 for the color." What athletes developed this stuff, and what did they do to it? It's like saying cookies were developed with the Keebler Elves. So anyway, it just doesn't jibe with me, and now it's making me feel itchy, because what do these people know? Until Charles Barkley and Billie Jean King get PH.D's in Chemistry, keep any reference to their professions off of my body wash.
The same goes for those old OB tampon ads where it was all "made by a woman doctor". Ok, I know, I know, you are all going to jump down my throat, but just because a woman doctor developed them doesn't mean they will fit you better. I mean, it's not like Tampax was tested on rabbits. I am sure their women testers said, in the making of their products "ouch, this thing feels like shit" or "oh wow, I can ride a bike now!" So that whole thing doesn't fly with me either.
Anyway, as you can tell, I really have nothing to write about.
OH, MARGO POSTED ABOUT COMING OUT - I HAVE TO POST TO RESPOND TO THIS! STAY TUNED!

2 Comments:

At 2:15 AM, Blogger Chunks said...

I have never understood the fascination with OB tampons. For one, there is no applicator. That is wrong. There is an applicator for a reason! It's like a bad Stephen King novel with the OB.

Second, Joan Rivers privates? Never. Mention. Them. Again. Yuckafluck. I imagine that is where the knot is. You know, the knot that is keeping her face pulled so tight?!

You're never boring. In fact, Devo and I talked for hours tonight about how she thinks it would be awesome for all of us to get together. me? I don't want to ruin the magic. hahahah!

 
At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second the OB thing.. a bad Stephen King novel indeed...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home