Tuesday, March 20, 2007

random thoughts by the man who is too lazy to floss his teeth tonight

Random thoughts:
-- I thought Chunks' remark on her blog that her favorite flour was Robin Hood was the cat's ass. It made me laugh out loud and also made me think "damn, I wish I had thought of that."

-- I made a Jamaican banana bread tonight. It has coconut, pecans, lime juice, and rum in it. The cat's ass, baby.

-- The Conservatives are crooks. However, I can't vote for Stefan Dion, because he's creepy and can't speak English and he's sort of retarded. What in the hell is a boy to do? I give up voting NDP federally. I don't know.

-- If you ever fart in your car, be careful, because the smell will linger for hours.

-- I made an appointment to get my crowns done. My one temp has been in 7 years. I need to get something stronger than Ativan. Do they still give out Valium anywhere? Is that stronger? I need something strong. Stay tuned for panic attacks.

-- I have spring fever. I need to be outdoors.

-- Why does the news say it's snowing out. I am looking out of my window, and there is no snow. I think I see the moon. So what's up with that? Bloody wankers.

-- Chunks and Devo had a marathon conversation the other night and Devo said she thought it would be cool for all of us to get together sometime. Chunks doesn't like the idea because "it would ruin the magic". I know what she means. I've only met a few internet people in real life, and that's always a fear. Luckily, that hasn't been the case for me, and it's gone fine for the like 4 people I have met, it's always a fear. And it's freaky how internet friends can come and go. My two really close friends, Kelly in Winnipeg, and Ross in Honalulu, I've lost touch with and don't even know their email addresses anymore. It's sad. But somehow I don't think that can happen with these crazy Canadians, especially since they live so close.
But it got me to thinking - we wouldn't know what to say at first, so we'd have to break out the Jesus Juice and get the edge off, and then I'd fear Chunks would have a panic attack, but that would be good, because then I could kick into gear to talk her down, which I can do really well when people panic. And then there would be tears, and laughter, and food, and wine, and farting, and blog entries throughout.

-- Anyway, Chunks thinks I am effervescent, which would make me all panicked to be bubbly, so I'd be trying to be over the top and jumping around like a retarded jester, and launching into break dancing or something to keep the energy up.

-- Anyhow, I am out of thoughts so I am going to bed to finish my book. I have so many on the go, but can't commit to finishing anything. I can't remember the book I am reading, but the header proclaimed "A perverted David Sedaris" or something so I thought you can't miss. It started really sucky but it's picked up. Essays. The dude in indeed perverted. No David Sedaris, but growing on me. I'll post his name tomorrow if I remember. Also rereading that book about the guy who spent the year studying rats in an alley in NYC. Creeps me out, but I love that sort of thing. I've got this sewer thing. Still have my Complete Poems of Anne Sexton by the bed, but I get so depressed reading her. Small doses. I also have a book written by a former drug addict and prostitute in Calgary on the go, but again, so sad and I need laughter right now.
Hey, am I the only one here who has read the Andy Warhol Diaries? Please, seek it out. Best shit ever.

-- Blog topics for Margo and Roxanne: Margo, tell us about the adjustment to becoming a couple, since you have such space and privacy issues. Did that go out the window? And let's start a list of all the people we remember Liza sleeping with. Rox, you are moving right away - tell us how it really is for all of you. Kate, if you ever read this still, write about your favorite Joni songs. And albums. And how you got into Joan.

Have a good night everyone.

5 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I quite enjoy the idea of you as a retarded jester!! I think it is very interesting how Chunks sees you, I don't see you that way at all. Not that I think you're a big old dud or anything, but I don't envision you as effervescent either. There would definitely have to be lots of Jesus Juice involved to break the ice. I was all funny about wanting her to come to the Pass with me for a reunion and she was all "WHY? What do you have to say to all those people?" Well, um, nothing, really, how about a big old catalogue thing with current pictures of everyone and all their families and what their bosses and friends really think of them and that sort of thing, that would be fucking great! I am an insatiable voyeur I guess. Devo

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Chunks said...

I want the recipe for the Jamaican Banana bread. I don't have rum though, Darin is allergic to it. He puffs out like a blowfish when he drinks it.

Car farts are the worst!! I farted in the perfume section at Sears, which is a big deal to me because I am not a public farter. Baby steps.

Just reading about your crown appointment gave me a wee bit of panic for you. Ask for Valium before you even go there. They can give you oral Valium, demand it.

I have spring fever too. The reason the news said it was snowing is because it was snowing HERE. Fucking snow.

If we met outside and I didn't have prior knowledge of a meeting, I would be fine. It's the anticipation that kills me. Maybe once I move to Peaceful Town, I will be better, you never know.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Chunks said...

Um by oral valium I was stating that as opposed to Valium by I.V. I wasn't insinuating that it would be Anal Valium or anything.

Is that a pair of jeans you're wearin'? (Simon LeBon during the Live in London Concert)

Sorry, I'm all hopped up on Jesus Juice and Famous Amos cookies so I'm sitting here watching YouTube videos of old interviews with John Taylor and I gotta say, he was so delicious back then. Mama!

Oh shit, this isn't my blog, this is your blog. Will you blog about something then, in that case?! I'm bored. Until Devo feels the squeeze from the masses, we know we won't be seeing any blogs from HER!! (hehehee!) I'm really not hammered or anything. I am not.

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger JT said...

HEY HONEY, ALL JESUS JUICED UP TOO! VIVA LA FRANCE!!!!!!!!!

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I'm still reading your blog, doofus! It's highly entertaining. I want the Jamaican Banana Bread recipe too.

I too feel bad for Joni and her dad. I know how it feels to lose your mom, and I know how hard it hits her dad, having seen mine suffer through the before, during and after. I know what it feels like to weep in the night, or at the most unexpected times during the day, when you remember what happened to your family and you remember that you may well never see your mom again. I don't care if Myrtle was 95 -- it has to hurt. Your mom's your mom, and you only get one.

I wonder if Joni will write a song about the loss. Wish someone could put the experience into words for ME, and if anyone can, it's Our Joan.

I will try to write about how I got into Joni one of these days on my own blog, if you're still reading, yourself. Thanks for the suggestion.

X's and O's, etc, to you and yours,
Kate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home