Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Earth to Michael Buble - you're on a one way track back to Bubbleville, Mikey

So tell me my peeps. What in the HELL is up Michael Buble's ass? It sure isn't his brain, because he obviously flushed that thing down the toilet a while back. If you don't know what I am talking about, google what he said about boycotting the grammies, because HIS category is done the day before and because he "won't win anyway". Then he got all pissy and said that of course it will go to Tony Bennett or one of them there old buggers, and then he got all shitty and said he played on that album that was going to win. Oh, he was just horrible. Well I got news for you, Michael baby - you are another year or two to becoming little Mikey Bubble again like you probably used to be before you lucked out with a hit and got clouded with delusions of grandeur like you were Harry Connick Jr. or something. Earth to Bubble Boy - you ain't Harry, and with an attitude like that, you'll be lucky to get a gig on a cruise ship full of norovirus. Just enjoy the fucking ride, my friend, and be gracious. Oh, these young little pissheads never learn. Hells bells, give me some talent and a little bit of luck like him, and I'd gladly attend all the awards ceremonies, and if the mayor of Butcher Holler wanted to give me the keys to the 'Holler in a ceremony, I'd be there dishing up the possum at the 4th of July celebrations. Oh I don't know, he's crazy.
The only other thing I need to comment on is those poor sextuplets in Vancouver - I guess 2 died and the province got an injunction so two of them could have blood transfusions - the parents are Jehovah's. I am so fucking mad at those parents. They aren't ordering you to have abortions or something - it's a procedure to save their lives. And yeah, you can say all the faith stuff you want, but isn't this whole blood thing based on some obscure Biblical reference that is indeed open to interpretation? Suck it up and enjoy your children. I know, I know, I have no room to talk because at least they are secure in their faith, but at the same time I believe their "faith" is a cult, pure and simple. If I have any closet Jehovah readers, sorry, but to me it's a cult. And whatever, follow your bliss, but don't kill your kids in the process.
I am off the soap box now.
This is the peppiest I've been today. Do you know the phrase "Awash with sadness?" Well, that's sort of what I felt all day, and I don't know why. Just down and bummed out and tired and all of that. This lingering cold that hasn't exactly become full-blown but just waiting in the wings hasn't helped, and since Kristen has it too, and baby is cutting TWO molars and her gums are the size of jawbreakers, it wasn't the best night last night, and tonight doesn't look much better. I dunno what my problem was, but boy, I felt blah. I have to go to Saskatoon tomorrow afternoon and overnight for a work thing, and it's blowing so bad i am freaked out about the roads, so that's even more stressful. But whatever, I'll deal.
And I feel ok now, so the pity party is over. But I hate those days when you just feel so blah. And man, nobody could say a thing to me because I was so defensive.... thank the Lord it's passed, I think.
You want to know this really stupid thing I noticed I've been doing? I haven't been finishing books. It's like they are good and don't want them to end so I just sort of pick something up right before it's finished. I did that with the Anne Sexton biography, and with the Dakota book, and the U2 book is almost done but I haven't picked it up for a couple weeks. I'm a freak, I know. I also bought this really cool Marie Antoinette biography that I started on the weekend, and only read a few pages, but it looks awesome. Apparently they did a movie too. I have to admit something though - I really have no idea who she is. I just heard something on cbc radio one day (I think it might have been a review of this book actually) and it sounded so fascinating, so maybe I'll learn something. I have no idea about European history, but hopefully I'll figure it all out. You see, I have no idea about rulers or wars or territories or revolutions or any of that, but tell me about where they went to the bathroom, how they brushed their teeth, how they cured things like ear infections, and how awful they smelled, and I'm hooked. Sadly, it's hard to find too many books on what I like - who the fuck cares who Peter the Great is, but did his family fling their nightly pee out the window into the road?
Anyway, I really have nothing to say so I think I'll get ready for bed.
Oh and to answer Chunks' question about if I had a picture of the ugly shirt, well, I don't think so, but it looked like something Theo Huxtable would wear. You get the picture.
Oh and did I mention I am dieting again, and started exercising again, except this tired/cold feeling put the kybosh on it the past couple days. Anyway, stay tuned for food drama, because I want nothing more than to right now march into the pantry and eat the whole 1 kg bag of chocolate chips that I know is in there. Sigh...
Anyway, since I'll be gone, I'll babble to y'all on the weekend.
xo
JT

4 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger Chunks said...

I read about the Boooblay, what a maroon. What a nincowpoop! I bet that is the last time Jann Arden goes on tour with him! Bloody wanker, I tell ya!

The news is making me emo and I'm barely hanging on as it is, so the JWs letting their babies die is just not something I can wrap myself up in right now. Those people are just a smidge above the people who dance around with a snake on their head. Check out the Chris Porter link on my blog entry...too funny. Or look him up on YouTube when you need a laugh. He is frigging hysterical.

Anyway, I don't know shit about European History either and am always impressed when people talk about it. Of course, I'm impressed when people talk about how they get the caramel inside the caramilk bar, sometimes it don't take much!

The book finishing thing, I can totally relate to. I've been doing that too, but I finally knocked on off with "Rattled" which was kind of a lame book, but funny and such an easy read, I feel like I can read a real book now. I got a John Lennon book from the library, it's a collection of short stories from people who knew him/were inspired by him. It's making me sad.

Okay, this is getting long winded. Too much vino tonight, I'm rambling.

Oh, you'll be happy to hear my parents are heading to Mexico on Friday. I wonder what fucking horrific items they are going to come back with this year?! Maybe some Sharpie Mazatlan Pencils or something. Good god!

 
At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Micheal bubble annoys the shit out of me. didn't hear about the comments but it doesnt surprise me. Where were you guys yesterday??
The JW thing pissed me off too. I am glad the govt stepped in.

M

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I guess I'd better weigh in here. I read the Michael Boob-le thing too and what a heap of sour grapes that was!! Some thoughts are just better kept to yourself, methinks. Not that I'm the queen of keeping it close to the chest or anything-haha!
About the whole shirt thing, that is too funny, as I can recall purchasing more than one shirt like that for a useless boyfriend or two. But seeing as most of them could barely read, I doubt a book would have been an option. HA! I haven't been reading at all lately though, so I probably shouldn't talk.
That web site Margo was talking about where people sell stuff? I went on there and looked and found some cool photo prints to buy, the guy is sending me some samples in the mail to look at-Thanks to Margo!
I'm sure Chunks told you my whole lame, JT seems so smart and funny, I feel like a lam-o, so here I am owning up to the fact that, Yes I AM a loser!heehee. Devo

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Chunks said...

Now the Booblay is going, what a wishy washy dude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home