Sunday, January 07, 2007

All I want to know from you sexy beasts out there is what in the hell Corey Hart is singing in Sunglasses at Night. It's been 20 some years, and I still have no idea what comes after "She's got control of me/I turn to her and say....". It is at this point he starts singing gibberish.
And why is it that he has to make those duck lips and ennunciate everything so strangely? Not only in that song, but in all the other songs of his as well. I mean, his Rudolph the Red Nose "RAYEN-DEAHER" pronunciation says it all, doesn't it?
I wonder where he lives and what he does now.

1 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger Chunks said...

http://www.coreyhart.com/

I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, So I can
Watch you weave then breathe your story lines

And I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, So I can
Keep track of visions in my eyes

While she's deceiving me, she cuts my security
Has she got control of me
I turn to her and say

*Chorus*:
Don't switch the blade on the guy in shades; oh no
Don't masquerade with the guy in shades; oh no
You got it made with the guy in shades; oh no

And I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, So I can
Forget my name while you collect your claim
And I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, So I can
See the light that's right before my eyes

While she's deceiving me, she cuts my security
Has she got control of me
I turn to her and say

*Chorus*:
Don't switch the blade on the guy in shades; oh no
Don't masquerade with the guy in shades; oh no
You got it made with the guy in shades; oh no

He's got four kids now and it seems to me they live in the Bahamas or something and maybe still have a place in Quebec. He speaks French to his kids. I saw a big interview with him not long ago on the tv.

I love Corey Hart but for songs like Eurasian Eyes, Water from the Moon and stuff from his Jade CD, which I haven't listened to in ages. Corey Hart. Hmmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home