Monday, January 01, 2007

All is Quiet on New Years Day

5 second post - I am heading to bed. Spent a quiet NY Eve at home with the family, and rang in the new year whilst watching "Family". We are on the third episode and I think I got my wife hooked on it. I didn't realize it was an Aaron Spelling show. Anyway, I'm loving it. I just realized that Season Hubley was on the episode I watched, and I can't quite remember who she is or why I know her. I somehow think she was married to Kurt... Kurt who is shacked up with Goldie Hawn... Russel, that's it, and the mother of his son Boston. But maybe I am just pulling that from my arse. I think she was also that pitiful blind waif who used to be on Young and Restless when I was in university. I dunno, she had some soap connection.
As I said, I am going to bed now, so this will be short. I just wanted to say happy new year, and reflect on two noticible New Years Eve's past - NYE 1989, when my now-wife and I hooked up - who knew we'd be together with a gaggle of kids and pets 17 years later. I love ya more than ever, baby!
I also had a memory of 20 years ago tonight, when me, someone else named Barbara Ann, and Margo ended up at Margo's house - we were supposed to go to a hot party at this mortician's daughter's house, but I can't figure out why we didn't. Anyway, we ended up at Margo's, where she called the radio station at midnight to request "Auld lang Sine" and she was slurring "play old ling sing" and then "play duran duran" and Barbara Ann was on the other phone yelling "Duran Duran are fags, Margo!" Good times.....
The year before that, 1985, I had an awesome time, being the only drunk one, but nevertheless I wasn't self conscious about it, at this chick's house named Peg, with Jerry, Shauna, and Lynne, to be joined later by Tam and Dawn. I was pissed out of my mind on a 26 of rum that I crammed into two big gulps, and as Peg's folks were strict and religious, I was playing with fire. But we had so much fun, and Jerry was 6 foot 5 and Indian but pretended he was black, so we put on Jungle Love by the Time and danced like motherfuckers, over and over to that song. Then at about 2, my dad drove my friends home and I remember listening to Tarzan Boy by Baltimora on the drive. Good times. And my dad was nice to give everyone rides.
I also remember 19 years ago tonight, at a party in an apartment with Jay, Lynne, Doug, John, and Holly. They were all a few years older than me, and I was pissed as usual, and at midnight, out in the parking lot with sparklers, Holly kissed me happy new years, but with lots of tongue, and I was 17 and she was like 20 something, and I was so uncomfortable and then she mooned us and her ass was hairier than mine almost, and I must admit my ass is quite freaky to look at so you can image that on a woman. Anyway, this is the hairy Holly who used to shave that I mentioned before, and it was because of our chance meeting that she hunted me down and introduced me to her friend, who I dubbed "the Whore" on here before, and it was said Whore who Margo got mixed up with, along with 400 other people I know, and so I guess i am responsible for lots of subsequent debauchery, including my friend Marcus losing his virginity to "The Whore" one fateful night, which I would love to post about but I am too embarassed to even admit that we didn't bat an eye about the goings on that evening - I'll save that story for another time.
Finally, one last New years - about 10 years ago, we stayed home, rented movies, and they sucked shit, so we just phoned Margo in Calgary over and over becuase she was home and bored too, so we spent the whole thing on the phone. Good times.
Anyway, happy new year, and I'll blab at u later - gotta go read my U2 book.
xo
JT

2 Comments:

At 1:14 AM, Blogger Chunks said...

Happy New Year to you too! I've only ever whooped 'er up on New Years once in my life. The NY after I turned 18. I got so shitfaced, drink tickets were two bucks and I drank about 50 bucks worth. I had a hangover for three days.

I always spent New Years' babysitting, making the big bucks. Now I am old and flinch when the fireworks go off. As a matter of fact, for the last twenty minutes, they've been going off like gangbusters in our neighborhood. Gee, I thought we'd left Butcher Holler.

 
At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Years my friends. Sounds like we all stayed in an quietly welcomed 2007.
Must mean we are getting old if we arent spending a stupid amount of money for newyears tickets and fighting to get a cab home.. lol I barely made it to new years, was brushing my teeth when the clock struck 12.

Hope 2007 is good for y'all.

M from butcher holler

 

Post a Comment

<< Home