Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I got no snappy title tonight

Yes, I am finally checking in. Leave me alone, it's been a hectic two weeks. Last week just sucked shit, no nice way to say it. Sucked fucking shit. Nothing really major, just a whole bunch of little crappolas that rolled into a one-way ticket to suckassville. And, it's been really hectic. Rachel went back to work, working MWF. Yesterday was baby's first day with the sitter (my sister). Since she doesn't know my sister really, it was a challenge, and tomorrow promises to be a tear-filled day for the little birthday girl (read the previous post). But anyway, she'll adjust and she actually did better than I thought yesterday as she didn't cry the WHOLE day. Thank God she's just working 3 days a week.
I am pooped out tonight - I was on the highway before 7 this morning for a meeting in Saskatoon, and if you know me, I don't function well that early. I left my cellphone at home too, so I thought I lost it and that was trauma. So right now I am just finishing my glass of wine before bed. I've taken to having a glass of red wine, or two even sometimes, before bed, first because my doctor told me it would be good for me, and also because it helps a poor insomniac like me sleep. So anyway, I've been sucking the wine back like some drunk, and resorted to buying a box of wine on the weekend. Ain't nothing classy about me.
So I got my bloodwork done yesterday (three frigging vials, I kid you not) for my checkup on Thursday. I am not looking forward to it, because I've gained weight like a mofo again, and so I will hear what I don't want to hear, but then again, I don't want to drop dead on my children so I'll suck it up and get back into shape.
I ordered some books from Indigo last week - I got "The Great Mortality: An Intimate History of the Black Death, the Most Devastating Plague of All Time", another book about life in Downtown Eastside Vancouver, a book about smallpox by Richard Preston (the guy who wrote The Hot Zone), and then two books about luxury apartment buildings in New York (historical books) and a book called "Life at the Dakota". I've got this obsession with the Dakota that I mean to blog about someday because it is an interesting story, which is why I got those last three. So I have some good reading.
Hey, I was reading my latest Entertainment Weekly in the tub tonight and found out Dougie Howser is gay. I don't know why, but it makes him a little less dorky. However, being gay makes Lass Bass extra dorky. And let's not start on Jonathon from Who's the Boss, ok? Because he's just creepy.
And what's up with the whole Kramer thing?
So today I was listening to Joni's For the Roses for most of my trip, and I am in this sort of melancholy mood right now. That's one album that was never really one of my favorites of hers and I never listened to it much, but now it is in my top three favorites of hers. But damn, she just bleeds her break up with James Taylor all over that thing. After listening to it for two hours today I feel like I went through the whole frigging thing with her, and then retreated to the wilds of B.C. But Chunks baby, don't try to start getting into Joni with that one, because it won't work, and you'll be all "wtf?" I think you need Blue.
Anyway, I have nothing witty, gossipy, or vulgar to share today. I just thought I better pop in before you all jumped down my throat.
Just thinking - Kramer just said on tv he wasn't a racist and I thought "Whatever" and the same reaction to Mel Gibson. Yet, what if someone read me calling Heather Mills a one-legged bitch and said I was against one-legged people? Because that's not true, yet I said it. Hmmm, I need to cogitate on that one.
Anyway, I gotta get ready for bed before I decide to have more wine and finish the Costco pizza sitting on the stove.
Have a good day y'all,
xo
JT

4 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Blogger Chunks said...

Okay, that's it. I just went to Amazon and bought Blue and Clouds too, because I love Both Sides Now. So there ya go. I will give you my opinions when they get here. It was 25 smackers for two CDs said and done, so that is alright, I think. I love Amazon.

I was kind of wondering why I got no responses this morning, I thought maybe you and Margs kicked me out of the club or something. LOL!

Now you're a wino?! Be careful if you are using it to help you fall asleep. That is how Murphy's husband ended up in rehab. Twice.

Ok, I know this is rude but how much do you weigh and how tall are you? You are always going on about how fat you are and I just want to know, "How fat are you?!" LoL. Guys always carry their weight differently than women. Is it possible for man fat to be more muscular than woman fat? Just wondering.

I can't hardly believe it has been a year since that little peanut has come into your life. How quickly the time flies Huh? Next thing you know she will be at a Three Days Grace concert on a schoolnight with her stinky boyfriend. Oy vey!

You have to go to www.perezhilton.com for all your celebrity news. Doogie is so last month! Did you hear about the big riff with Clay and Pippa and then Ro?!! Holy shit, you need to watch the View on Wednesday! Shit. Storm.

Oh and that is some lovely light reading you got there. Jeesh! hahaha!

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Chunks said...

PS...It was my poem that brought you back from No Blog Land, wasn't it?! Hahahahah!!! Bad poetry wins every time!

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back.. been a long time baby.
What a quinkydink.I had 3 vials of blood taken from me yesterday and I had to pee ina cup to boot.. Ah fun times.. Still having intestinal problems. If it stays on a day more I am off to the ER.
Happy bday to the little one.. Ah time flies.. :)

M

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back to bloggerland! I was wondering if you fell off the freakin planet!!! That is some hard core reading you got goin on there, yowza! You're like smart or somethin aren't ya? lol. Happy Birthday to the smallest midget in your life, time flies. I've never really listened to much Joni either, I think I need to check her out now that I'm all done with my metal phase-haha! Devo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home