Sunday, October 15, 2006

NO, Justin, *I'M* bringing sexy back... me and Sha'vonne!

Has anyone really listened to the new Killers track? I am so disappointed. It sounds exactly like Meat Loaf. I am not kidding. It might as well be from a Meat Loaf album. I don't get it. I mean, they were so cool when they had that Duran Duran vibe going on. However, what's cool about Meat Loaf? Oh, you can kiss those royalty cheques going down the drain.

-- So today, we were cleaning up and I glanced at the title of one of the kids' books, "Bearcub and Mama." Well, I thought it would be funny if the next time we saw Rachel's sister and her husband, we mention the title of the book as a fictional tv series. You see, back about 15 years ago or so when we lived in Saskatoon, her sister and brother in law would come over to our place to watch tv because for some reason they didn't have cable. Apparently, according to them, we were always watching "Black shows." I don't really know what they mean, because apart from our unnatural addiction to Evening at the Apollo, I can't think of what else we watched, or what else was on the air at that time apart from Urkel (to quote Homer Simpson, "God I hate that little snot nose!"). In any event, I guess we were really into our "Black" shows. So I said today, "let's just mention something about Bearcub and Mama being a show we watch, and we can say something like 'Oh, last night on Bearcub and Mama, it was so funny, because Sha'vonne and Bearcub were on their way to church, and Sha'vonne's hat was sat on by Raqueen, and she didn't know, and then she figured it out and started swearing in jive." However, my wife didn't seem to think it was all that funny. But I did.

-- Ok, I hate to admit it, but am I the only one who frigging loves "Sexy Back"? Damn, that dorky white boy sometimes sounds like Prince, I hate to admit it. I love it. I am sure I will hate it soon enough, but for now, it's the shit.

-- So I tried to do all my raking today because apparently we are supposed to get SNOW tonight. They first said rain today turning to snow and then 10-15 cms overnight, but so far, still above zero, still no rain OR snow, but I had a wicked migraine in the middle of the night that almost made me throw up, seriously, and it continued as soon as the pills wore off through the day, so there must be something wicked moving in. Oh - I guess I never told you, dear blog, that I get migraines from changes in barometric pressure - aka weather changes. They are more intense in the winter, or with winter weather systems, but seriously, I will be able to tell you at least 12 hours ahead of time if a storm or snow or rain is moving in by my headache. It sometimes happens if it's clearing up too, but usually now just when storms or big systems are moving in, in the form of clouds or precipitation. You may laugh, but ask my wife, I am 95% right with it. And this headache was a doozy. And actually, I sort of still feel it.

-- Everyone is sleeping, and I feel lonely. Sometimes I hate being a nightowl. Sometimes I love it for the "me time", but sometimes it's just so lonely. I would love to make a big cup o' tea right now, but as it is, I try not to piss all night long, and tea would make me up every 2 hours like Margo. Seriously, I am pissing like I have the prostate of on 60 year old. I think it's just because I never get around to having a big drink until after 9 at night. I have my check up in a few weeks, so I will ask.

-- Oh, speaking of Duran Duran earlier, I saw this kid yesterday in A & W who was dressed like either Nik or Simon, I can't remember who, but I swear it was the same outfit one of them wore on something or other. It was these tight white jeans and a striped gray and black long sleeved shirt, and he had these stupid boat shoes on, and this Duran hair, and he walked like he had a stick up his arse and he was so feminine he was obviously quite nelly, and something about this stupid fucker dressing retro like it was 20 years ago just annoyed the snot out of me, and him and his friend were so annoying as they were walking out and I got instantly crabby and just had the urge to cuff him in the back of the head as they walked out. LOL, seriously, I just wanted to go "dooof" and smack the bastard. LOLOL, that's when you know you are old, I guess, when young people annoy the snot out of you.

-- There's nothing even on television right now. HMMMM, I just checked environment canada's website and they say 60% chance of snow tonight and tomorrow, rather than the 90% on the weather channel, and the 5-10 cm. Hmmmm, maybe it will miss us. Saskatoon is getting snow right now. Oh please, just skip us, I hate the frigging snow. HATE IT.

-- Well nobody has updated their blogs tonight, so I think I am just going to go to bed and read I guess.

Have a good Monday y'all.
xo
JT

3 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger Chunks said...

I love, Love, LOVE SexyBack! Have you heard his second release off his new disc? It's good too! That damn Justin Timberlake!

Your whole "obsession" with black TV, you should name your next baby Shaniqua! Haha!

We got a bit of snow last night and there were new fallen leaves yesterday that I didn't get sucked up, but it is supposed to be warmer tomorrow, so I will deal with it later.

You should have smacked the Duran Duran wannabe...."Your honor, I use the Duran Duran Defense." I feel the same way when I see the kids wearing the leggings with the skirts...makes me wanna slap the Madonna out of them.

I felt lonely last night too. Still sort of feel that way today. Melancholy baby. Melan-fucking-choly.

 
At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never heard of sexy back.. Mind you I am not hip to the jive like you..
I updated my blog, but alas you don't comment anymore...
We got snow here today, and its still snowing, very miserable outside
My hand is hurting like hell.. damn fridge..

M

 
At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cletus, switch to Beta!!!!

-Chunks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home