Saturday, June 11, 2005

Sales Dismal, the smoking neighbor kidwith the long grass, and my version of channeling Hannibal the cannibal - good times

I should be cleaning up. It's suddenly a fucking disaster in here. But I am not. I came downstairs to throw some laundy in, and decided to check the blogs and stayed. Of course, kids coughing a bit, so again, this could be short. The garage sale was good yesterday, but today, there was hardly anyone out and about. It must be because it is the first weekend without the frigging rain pounding down. So, we just moved everything into the garage and then we are going to do it again on Thursday night and Friday night - these seem to be the big nights for sales now.
So, after that, everything is going to the Sally Anne or something - it's had it's chance and then it will be gone. Meanwhile, we've had EVERYONE here all weekend, and everyone's kids, and it's been crazy, and the place has shit everywhere, and I just don't have it in me to so anything. However, we like to have it all done on the weekend to start the week off because we are too lazy to clean on the weekdays, and my sister babysits here for the first part of the week, and now that I think of it, we are having my whole fucking family here on Wednesday for a BBQ for my mom's 70th birthday, so my ass will have to move sometime or other. LOL, I'd say I would take a day off work, but it feels like I am never there to begin with.
Tomorrow we won't get much done because we are going fishing. I can't wait. Oh course, we are going river fishing, and lord knows you can't eat anything out of this fucking river because of the mercury or lead or whatever it is that kills you, but still, it's fun. We are going to this place where the sturgeon fishing is good, so I am looking forward to it.
Oh, so back to Rosie's blog - you know how she is always like turning her comments off, but then turning them on? Well it drives me crazy, because if I have something to say, I hate it when I can't. It's such an ego thing too. However, I will admit that I can be as judgemental as all the rest. You know how all those people are always going blah blah blah, I love you and you are such an inspiration and all that bullshit? I just hate that fucking shit, I really do. And it annoys me when people go "Oh, I just don't agree with you because blah blah blah" and I was rolling my eyes at the breastfeeding post because this one woman went all crazy because Rosie didn't "support" breastfeeding wholeheartedly or something. WELL, I just caught myself being judgemental watching my neighbors tonight. There is this rental house almost across the street from me, and I know it's a young couple with a baby - never seen the dude until tonight. Well, their grass was so long, it was like past your knees and she was at the garage sale yesterday and told Rachel that she was so embarrassed because of it and they were looking to borrow a lawn mower. Well, I was going to go over there and give them mine, but then thought there was no way in hell mine would make it through that because, well, mine needs something done to it, but because I am not mechanical, I have no fucking idea what. Oil change? spark plugs? A kick in the frigging motor? I don' t know. Anyhoooo, tonight, right before sundown, I hear this lawnmover going, and struggling, and stopping and starting and I look out and see this guy cutting the grass there, and I recognize him - he's the dude who sold me my laptop. Now, he's this chubby little guy, still wearing his Future Shop shirt and name tag and stuggling like all hell, and I am kinda chuckling and was going to take my weed whacker over there, but then he quit for the night, and I was thinking it was nice to know who was in that house since it is a rental, and I know they have a baby, but every time I go to FS, I see him smoking outside the store, and I thought, all aghast - "ARE THEY SMOKING IN THAT HOUSE WITH THAT BABY?" since he doesn't smoke outside, since I woulda figured out who lived there by now. Well then I thought "whoa, who the hell are you, Potsie?" I had to chuckle because I am just as bad. Ah well, my parents smoked like chimneys and then my dad smoked a pipe later, and I can still remember all the trips 4 times a year to Calgary or Saskatchewan when we lived in B.C., and driving through the mountains, windows tightly rolled up, both of them puffing away, and the same for our house. Ah man, it's funny because now if someone is smoking on the street in front of my kids, I am shooing them away.... yup, times have changed, haven't they?
Well, I gotta go jump in the tub because I am covered in OFF - the mosquitos are insane here, and big like fucking free range turkeys. Perhaps I'll stuff one: "I ate it's liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."
Ok, Peeps, keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.
xo
JT

4 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey JT!
Welcome back! One of these days I'll start my own blog instead of using everyone else's to journal on! Hope y'all are feeling better - not much worse than being sick and sleep deprived while taking care of sicker children! Saskabush has some pretty wicked pickerel - yummy! Happy fishing! My dad used to smoke a pipe, too - I can relate to the long car rides from northwestern BC out to Nokomis - dazed and confused by oxygen deprivation! Hope you have a beautiful week! Cheers!
Heather

 
At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh by the way the chair is lovely in my living room JT. It was a big hit. Rochelle like the upholstry thats on there now and says I shouldn't re-cover it.. I am not too sure about it. One thing for sure its damn comfortable.
definitely worth the 15 bucks from your garage sale.

You fish? Did I know this.. I don't remember you ever fishing before.. Do you have one of those vests and hats? lol

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger JT said...

I am a fishing fanatic darling, but probably didn't start until after you moved. I can't clean the fuckers, though.

 
At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I catch myself being judgemental all the time...it's hard to be good! The smoking around your kids thing is one of my biggest regrets in my life...I still smoked when they were little, their poor little pink lungs! Thankfully, I saw the error in my evil ways and quit before it killed us all!
I am still in the gathering phase for my garage sale, I think I am going to have a hard time letting the neighbors see our junk. Does that sound odd? What if they think our junk is cheap looking? God, I'm neurotic! No wonder my dog has no hope!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home