Monday, September 06, 2010

Draft Post from Last week - consider it a bootleg!

Good Eeeevening, as the late great Vincent Price used to say. It's nice knowing that it's midnight Sunday evening, and I do not have to be up in the morning for work. Thank the Lord for Labour Day! Anyway, I tried to blog a couple times this week, and I just had nothing to say. One night I backspaced everything I typed and then just quit, and the next night, I saved the paragraph I wrote, but really, I just have nothing to say. However, I am not really feeling like going to bed just yet, so I will just blab on for a few minutes, and too damn bad if all y'all get bored.

Anyway, I should be exhausted. I had a shitty, shitty sleep last night. My wife and I have caught colds, and we were tired and snuffy and coughing last night, so I made us a nice round of Neo Citrons and we went to bed, and I turned the light out by about 12:30. However, for some reason, I was awake around 3, and then again at around 4:00 am. I was sweating like fucking Frank from Trading Spaces all night - I don't know why, but I am just a frigging heat box at night. I just sweat and sweat and wish I could cover up, and sometimes if I get lucky, I can. Anyway, last night it was muggy, so I was hot and headachy, probably from the weather changes, because shortly after 4:00, this big-ass storm moves in. It begins with thunder in the distance, then thunder up close, then the room being lit up with lightening, then thunder and lightening occurring all at once, you know the kind I mean - you hear that whine and the room lights up like an xray machine, and it just cracks, and you are sure the house was hit or the power will be out. Anyway, that occurred many times, but the power didn' t go out - I know, because I was up peeing, and then closing windows because rain was coming in, and taking pills for my headache, and wondering why I looked so pale at 4 in the morning, and on and on. Anyway, the storm would leave, and then come back, and I am pretty sure I heard it going on until about 5:30. I actually ended up getting up at 5:00 and took a couple allergy pills too, to make me drowsy, because I was getting that panicked "I haven't slept" feeling.

Then I was immediately tossed into dreams, one where we lived in this big, old, rambling 3-story house, and it was sort of haunted, and i kept yelling something like "with the sacred blood of Jesus, I cast you out!" at the haunted stuff in the attic, and then the water pipes burst, and for some reason, we were ok with that. THEN, I was driving a truck and I must have been some sort of teacher and was transporting these kids here and there, and these two gross moms were making moves on me and wanting me to come back to visit them, and I was all panicked trying to get away from them. Anyway, it was one of those nights.

Then today, we woke up early, and since it was now cloudy and windy, we thought it would be a good day to throw something in the oven, so I went shopping for stuff for supper (I made a gigantic roaster of stew and cooked some of my garden beets and made some cole slaw, and an apple crisp that has not one frigging apple in it, but instead was made with zucchini that I grew. And let me tell you, you wouldn't know the difference!

But I am getting ahead of myself. We had some run-ins with the kids today, but they apologized for being awful, and we spent the entire day cleaning. We have a room in the basement that is a playroom - it's a bedroom that's probably twice the size of our master bedroom, and it's full of toys. It hasn't been cleaned for months, and it was disgusting. It took all day to clean it, and we got rid of boxes and boxes of books and toys from it, and I cleaned the upstairs, and we were working like dogs. Like, for about 10 hours. Of course, I was randy as usual and kept trying to lure Rachel away for some afternoon delight, but she's from Venus and wants to get the tasks at hand done first, whilst I am from Mars and think some rock and roll hootchie coo would motivate me more. Also, she was all sick and said "if I started coughing halfway though, God help you". LOL, you know, it's so funny, this difference between men and women. A woman will be all "I'm sick and stuffed up and I just want to rest" and a man will be "I am sick and tired and stuffed up, so hell yeah, hop on Pop!" If only we could trade penises and vaginas for a day, maybe it would all make more sense to us, hey?

So, that brings me to now. I am sitting here watching All in the Family, but it's a stupid one, where Meathead gets all hot about Gloria's black wig. Seriously, I just can't believe people used to wear wigs.

1 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Anonymous rox said...

I totally got the image in my head of her sneezing and blowing your balls right off.

I'm sick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home