Sunday, August 08, 2010

Blah blah blah

I'm too tired to talk about all the vacation stuff tonight (even though there are some real gong-show moments to share). I am exhausted. We worked like dogs today. Well, we've been working like dogs all week, but today was especially nutty. We spent the week prepping our deck to stain, and I even bought three gallons of UGLY stain that we couldn't possibly use before we hit it right. The first color was this horrible gray-looking shit that made the wood look like it just came out of a fire, and the next color, which was supposed to be natural redwood was... orange/peach looking. So, we ended up going with a solid stain that looks almost the color of our siding. So, we painted until 11 last night, and most of today, and then we bought a post-hole digger thing and dug two holes and went to a metal place and bought two metal poles (We did that yesterday, actually, and spray-painted most of the poles). Of course, we ran out of paint for the poles and NOBODY has any left anywhere. Apparently, this rustoleum shit is popular. Anyway, we dug the holes and then cemented the poles into the ground, and of course we ran out of cement so I had to run for that, and I had to run for more stain, and then our saw broke, so I've been to 3 hardware stores 5 times today. We also set up our new BBQ today as well. You see, our BBQ bit the bullet and crapped out on us after 12 wonderful years last week, and since we BBQ all the damned time, it's like we are living without power or something. Anyway, since we have a natural gas BBQ, we were dreading getting a new one because they are more money. The cheapest we could find was like 450 bucks. Then, last week, when we were in Superstore, right before we went to the lake, we saw this one sitting in the aisle (this is a day after I asked the woman in the garden centre if they had any BBQs in the store and she was all "Nooooo"). Anyway, this BBQ was natural gas, and was 177 bucks, and then we had two gift cards worth 50 bucks from spending money there, so really, that bitch cost us like 125 bucks! We also bought a hamock for 35 bucks, a 3 person swing for 74 dollars, and a deep fire put for 50 bucks. Anyway, everything is set up all nice and we are just letting the cement set, so later this week, we'll be bbqing and hanging out clothes, and sitting by the fire in our swing, and admiring the stained deck. Oh, and we got new solar lights for 20 bucks, a set of 10. I tell you, it pays to buy clearance at Superstore when the season starts to end.
-- So yeah, I am sore and achy, so I can't do the funny trip stuff any justice.
-- Holt moly, John Goodman is on some commercial or infomercial or something right now, and his face looks sort of like a corpse. It looks all waxy and gross.
-- I was thinking tonight, after I read Chunks' FB status about John Mayer and how I didn't "Get" the whole JM thing (he's what, 60 lbs soaking wet? He's the frigging MATRIX), that at least she wasn't all hot over Justin Bieber. And then I realized, after seeing his freaky head on the cover of my daughter's "Yikes" magazine, that he looks sort of like Donna Pescow in a way, although in a clownish, freakish way, as Donna Pescow wasn't a freak. Indeed, her hair was quite admirable back in the day. God love ya, Angie baby. I just don't understand this Bieber shit. My kids hate him, thankfully.
-- WTF is with TLC? Last night, it was some fucking cupcake show on, and I mean, Cake Boss, Cupcakes, the Roloffs, the Little Couple, the Little CHocolate SHop of Horrors or whatever.... it's either baking or midgets, or Kate, or those fucking freaks who wear skirts and keep having all the babies - 100 babies and counting. I mean, seriously, I know you don't believe in birth control, but after 19 fucking kids, you should have some fucking inkling of when you are ovulating. Seriously. After 4 kids, Rachel can tell you the precise second she's ovulating. I'm thinking that after a dozen or so, you should maybe realize what the hell is going on each time those eggs fertilize.
-- It's kinda like those "I didn't know I was Pregnant" shows - when your gut is jumping like a Mexican jumping bean, you either are knocked up, or you got a parasite. Either way, you should get it checked out. I call bullshit to that whole series.
-- And then there is Kate. She was on the other night and they were showing clips from the old days, and home movies, and she is so fake and plastic and gross now. No wonder her family doesnt speak to her. At least John has stayed consistently ugly. Hell, he's probably living in one of those crooked houses now.
-- Big Brother: Our PVR f'ed up the other night and we only got to see 5 minutes of it, so i had to google who was evicted and who was HOH. You know, I started out cheering for Rachel and that dumb ass she's dating, but fuck, I can't wait to see her sorry ass go home. And as much as I usually bristle and immediately wish bad things on gangs of testosterone like the "Brigade" (it brings back nightmares of junior high or something), I have to say I am now sort of cheering for Lane, followed by Brittany, and... I dread saying it.... Enzo. Kathy is just too frigging stupid, and that Matt? With the mouth like he's a stroke victim? I want to hurt him. Yes, I am a pacifist, but man oh man, I'd love to just punch him in his smug head. And what the HELL was wrong with his wife when they showed her? Did she literally have marbles in her mouth?? It unnerved me. I thought "Yes, your wife doesn't have a disease, but she is harder to understand than cousin Geri.
-- I love they called Julie "Chen-bot."
-- Back to older posts - Chunks mentioned her fascination with Couer D'Alene because of the Spokane channels of her youth. Well, let me just say that I had major issues with Spokane tv channels when I was a youth. You see, when I was a kid, living in southern B.C., we got our American TV from Seattle. Seattle was a 2 1/2 hour drive from us. Hell, even without cable, we could still pick up the independent channel, KVOS, from Bellingham. Ah, those were the glory days. Then, when I was in grade 6, I was uprooted to central Saskatchewan, which might as well have been Kosivo, because when we arrived, THERE WAS NO AMERICAN TV IN OUR TOWN. Nothing. Sweet fuck all. It wasn't until about 1 and 1/2 years later that we got American channels, and even then, they were these freak stations from North Dakota - they weren't ABC/NBC/CBS - nooo.. LOL, I am not making this up - they were hybrids - we got "NBC/ABC" and "CBS/ABC", and what that meant is that they didn't show the full line-up of anything. Anyway, finally, after much time, we ended up getting the 4 biggies from Detroit, for some reason, and really, those were actually awesome stations - and EYE OPENING as well, as Detroit was sort of a violent shit-hole back then, so, for example, we'd wait until Halloween Eve, ,which they called Hell-Night, and they'd burn up half the city. We also fell in love with the news team - Mort Crim, Carmen Harlen, a pretty Black woman who had more freckles than Annie, and Chuck Gaidica on weather, who used to be fat as a kid. Anyway, since Detroit was way ahead of us in terms of time, in the summer, we'd get their 11 o'clock news at 8 o'clock and Letterman at 9:30. This meant that prime time began at 6 o'clock. Actually, it's the same still, athough I no longer have Detroit. I have... I dunno... Boston and Ohio and a whole mix of shit. I also have Seattle for my timeshift stations, but that is neither here nor there to this story.
Anyway, I got used to my Detoit, and being able to watch Carson at 9:30. However, every time we'd go to Calgary and Edmonton each year, which was actually every few months, to visit relatives, it was so frigging painful, because they got the Spokane/Couer D'Alene stations, and since they were on different time than them, that meant Letterman/Carson would be on at 12:30. It was horrible. Prime time wouldn't start until like 8 o'clock. It was horrible. So I, too, had this obsession with the place, because I wondered what was so special about them that made all of Alberta choose those stations for their American channels when Montana had perfectly good stations in their own time zone.
-- As you can tell, I have nothing interesting to say. I am going to bed now. I'll yak at y'all later.
xo

1 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Anonymous rox said...

What's not to get about John Mayer?! He's an awesome guitarist who not only plays like Stevie Ray Vaughn, but also sounds like him too. Thank Christ he looks like a pouty Ralph Lauren model though...hahah!

The Biebs is off limits in this house and he DOES look like Donna Pescow!

We also had the Detroit station and I totally remember Chuck Gaidica and Mort Crim! Fuck, small world. LOL!

I had like 55 blog updates to read, yet I chose yours because you never write anymore and I do miss it so.

I got all caught up on our BB episodes. I don't know what you've watched so I'm not saying nothing...I love Brittney though! And Enzo! And Lane. Everyone else can suck it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home