Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Happy St. Nicks Day

Well, this has been a gong show of a night. Of a day, too, when you really think about it. Let me just get to the Seinfeld moment. Ok, picture it, a day with tired, crabby kids who won't listen to the babysitter, and basement COVERED, and I mean COVERED, with toys and dirty laundry. Picture an upstairs that is slipping out of control as well, and two tired parents, and undone supper dishes. This is the scene at about 6:30 tonight. Of course, we wanted to do nothing more but go to bed right then and there, but the kids needed to be bathed, and we wanted to go to this public forum meeting they were having regarding walkway closures (I don't want to explain it, so just nevermind this part). So, it's decided I will go to the meeting and Rachel will stay here with the kids and get them ready for bed.
Well, I go to the meeting, which was a waste of an hour of my life I will never get back. An exercise in futility. So Rachel calls me right as it was ending and she sounds funny. She says there had been excitement around here and tells me the following: She had the kids in the tub, and the doorbell rings.... about 4 quick rings. So she goes out of the bathroom and someone starts pounding on the door. So she gets down there and peers out the window and sees nobody, just this wisp of a black figure turning the corner by the garage. At this point she gets freaked out and realizes the door is unlocked, so she locks the door and the door to the garage, and then locks the back door. She then calls my sister across the street and asks if she can see anyone in our yard and she says no. So she calls her folks and tells them about this thing, and so her dad, who is on his way curling, says he will stop buy and check it out. Meanwhile, she is thinking that it was someone casing out the joint to steal the Christmas stuff.
So then her dad comes and finds a gift bag on the door knob. The bag is FULL of candy, with a note for the kids saying Happy St. Nicks Day and share the stuff with mom and dad. So then she realizes it is St. Nicks day in Europe and that St. Nick does stuff like this - we know this from the Caillou video we have. But the mystery remained as to who did this. She was stumped, and called me and I couldn't figure it out either, so I yelled "don't eat the candy!" Because, you know me, automatically assume someone is trying to kill us.
So we eliminate everyone but our friends who live behind us - let's call them Sebastian and Genevieve. Well, they are artsy and cultured and have at least BEEN to Europe so I think it has to be them. SO long story short, Rachel calls, and they deny it at first, but then tell us it was them. So mystery solved, and the kids (and me) have a big old sack of candy to eat. They are so nice to do stuff like that. But fuck, it had us freaked out.
So that was this evening.
Anyway, that's about all the excitement today. I just had to share.
Hey, extreme makeover is on right now, and i just have to say - when they fix people up, why do they have to make them look so hideous? I mean, if someone has bad teeth, why make them look like they have chicklets in their mouth? Why not just fix them up a little bit? Sorry, but this poor 21 year old virgin with bad teeth and acne is on, and if they would just fill some of the gaps in his mouth and give him some tetracycline, he would be fine. But I just know he's going to come out looking like George Hamilton. And now there is this ugly looking woman on who is 25 and has 4 kids and they keep showing her flab and stretch marks, and her false teeth. Well, I am sorry that she's flabby, but she has 4 kids - wear the flab with pride. I am annoyed that they make her seem like a freak because of it. Mothers of the world, unite and take pride in the baby flab - you earned it!
I think I've seen this one, actually. But fuck, just give her some new teeth and she'd be fine. Anyway, you can tell I am too lazy to go to bed, because I am commenting on reruns.
Hey, I just have to comment about how Chunks and I are on the same wavelength about certain things, particularly songs we hate. She mentioned that she couldn't stand Roy Or.... how do you spell his name? Orbison? That doesn't look right... anyway, she couldn't stand him, and you know, I feel the same way. I get so annoyed whenever I hear Pretty Woman and other songs of that ilk. I really despised the Traveling Wilbury's bullshit of his too. I like me some Tom Petty, and some George Harrison ,but muthafucka, that was some ugly-ass music. I really hated "Got my Mind Set On You" by GH as well. Hideous. Just thought I would share that. What artists drive you nuts?
So my dear friends, I better get my sorry ass to bed.
As my dear friend Casey Kasem says, keep your feel on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.....
p.s. Is he still married to that freaky looking blonde?

2 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger Chunks said...

When I first read this, I was like "has he flipped his nut? It's not Christmas yet!"

I'd be the same way if someone left candy on my doorknob, I'd be freaking out!

How Canadian are we? I mean, she calls her dad and he is on his way to curling? Americans don't do that! hahah! That just made me laugh that it was such a Canadian thing to be doing.

What makes me laugh about Extreme Makeover is when two people who've had extreme makeovers get together. I mean don't they know that those ugly teeth and stuff is going to get passed down to their kids? Crazy.

I thought Casey Kasem was dead. Isn't he dead? I'm going to google that.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Chunks said...

He IS still alive and he is still married to Jean Kasem who used to be Nick Tortelli's wife on Cheers, the tall blonde freaky lady. They have a daughter named Liberty. Casey Kasem sounds like a real asshole, there was some stuff on Wikipedia and well, he sounds like an arse.

Did you switch to Beta or something? It was easy to comment...you must have switched. See, I told you it was painless!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home