Friday, April 17, 2009

what's the big deal with Susan boyle?

Ok, so I don't get the big whaa-hoo about this Susan Boyle thing. She was all over the MSN homepage yesterday, and then today, everyone sent me the link, from my sister who said I'd get misty-eyed, to a big boss man at my work. So, finally, I put it on, and you know me, I see someone sort of homely and I get all "good for you!" and teary. Well, this didn't do sweet fuck all for me. As I emailed Chunks, so what that Alice from the Brady Bunch can sing? It didnt' rock my world. Maybe at the end I missed something, because after 3 minutes I finally quit. I don't know what the hell she was singing, but it sounded show-tuney. Well, I mean, it is better than listening to "Rum-Tum Tigger" or whatever the fuck all that Cat's bullshit was back in the 80s (although Betty Buckley's "Memory" was a secret like of mine, but probably because I remembered her as Abby from Eight is Enough, and I wanted to be in their family). Anyhoo, I don't get it. And I mean, she's not that hideous - so why are people all "whooo hooooo, the ugly duckling can sing!" because she's just sort of frumpy, is all. She's not like the dude from Mask or anything. Come on, people, let's get it together. If Bea Arthur gets humped, so can this woman....
Hey, on a totally different note, did I ever tell you that a friend of mine ended up next to Fergie for a while one night, and said that Fergie is sort of homely up close? Just repeating the story, Fergie fans.
Hey, did you also know that Britney passed through Sask. on her way to wherever the hell the Circus was going? Well, she was in... you guessed it... the North Battleford Burger King. I shit you not.
You know, I haven't had a Whopper for years. Fuck, I love me a Whopper once in a while. I really should get my fat ass up there. My favorite fast food burger is the A & W Mozza Burger. Just in case you were wondering and wanted to buy me lunch, or something. I still wish A& W had fish and chips. My mom and I would eat that when we'd travel. Ah, nostalgia.....
I have this throat infection, which I use as an excuse to load up on Nyquil, aka bedtime crack for middle-class white men, and mutha fucka, I've been having fucked up dreams that make no sense. So the first night, I dreamed I was at this cabin with this woman from work, and she was making me and her son do the dishes and she was insisting we use "Finish" detergent - I don't even know where that came from, so it must have been a commercial before bed. And then there were donkeys and shit, and it just got stupider. THEN, the next night, I dreamed the women from the View called me and wanted me to come on and talk about Valentine's Day and I didn't call them back. And last night, I dreamed I was in my parents' old house and these bad people died in the house, tied to the couch, and I had to air the stink out before my parents came home. WTF? God love Nyquil. Then my son, who is very sick, kept puking and pooping our bed, and I would be roused from sleep, all groggy.... I feel like I've been awake for a week or something.
I bought the new Stevie live cd (with the sounds of the crowd deleted, so it just sounds like some weird studio mix of her songs) but I couldn't find the concert dvd, which is what I wanted. She remakes Dave Matthew's "Crash into Me", which is like my 3rd alltime favorite song. She does a good job too. is there a more romantic song than that? "CRASSSSHHHHH into meeee... babbbbyyyy.... and I'll come into yooooooou" Damn that muthafucker can write a good song.
Anyway, I better get to bed, as I have another busy ass day at work tomorrow. TGIF like you fucking wouldn't believe....

2 Comments:

At 1:15 AM, Blogger Rox said...

Likes this.

Oh fuck, sorry, I thought I was on Facebook. LOL!!!!

The Boyle lady was singing a song from Les Miz, which is Rosie O'Donnell's favorite musical of all time dontchaknow?! It was a really beautiful song. End of story. I think because she seemed like a spun out old broad and the cynical British Crowd had written her off, well, it's what made it touching. She ain't no Stevie but bitch can sing.

I always have the bacon double cheeseburger at Burger King. I love it. When I go to A&W I always have the chubby chicken burger and I always forget to say "Hold the Mayo!" and then I end up scraping both the mayo and the soggy lettuce off. I told you about the Big Mac I recently had right? I hadn't had one in YEARS and it tasted just like mama used to buy!

Do we have to send you to Rehab for your Nyquil dependence?

I thought you'd tell the easter dog story...I really did. In fact, I already told Dev about it on the phone but I'm sure you'll tell it better so write it up!

Okay, I gotta get to bed. It's 1AM for the love of the baby Jesus!

 
At 5:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know who Susan Boyle is so no comment.

Rox, mayo is the best thing about chicken burgers.. you a crazy lady.
I like me a big mac, from BK the Whopper, but it seems to hang out in your stomach like dirty bird after you eat it.

Ok, whats the deal with you two, I chattin on the phone, emailing without cc me in..? This feels like high school, all the drama of being left out of it.. lol
Ok, spill the Easter dog story.. what happened.?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home