Saturday, April 18, 2009

time to map it out

Ok, this post is going to come in little bits, because it's complicated to describe the whole thing without a good visual of where I live - but anyway, this will end up being a weird story of something odd going on in my neighborhood involving this freaky woman. But for tonight, I am just going to try to explain my neighborhood so you can eventually figure out what I am talking about. So, go get a pencil and paper - I'll wait - and then draw a map if you wish to get the picture. It's the first time I've used cartography on the blog - it'll be fun!

Anyway, try to wrap your head around this. My street runs east to west. Got it? I live on the north side of the street. Still with me? Good. So, behind me, to the north of me, is Lakeshore Drive, which also goes East to west. So there is my side of the street, then behind my backyard is a back alley, and then the backyards of the houses on Lakeshore, and they all face the park and the lake - got it so far? So let's be simple and call my street "Avenue A". Let's say I live at... 480 Avenue A. Across the street from me lives my sister Libby. She lives at, oh, let's say, 481 Avenue A. The next street behind her is Avenue B, and our sister Leslie lives there, at like 500 Avenue B. Can you picture it? I'm on the north of A, and my back windows all overlook the back alley and the houses on Lakeshore, and indeed, the actual lake itself. My sister is directly across from me, and my OTHER sister is like a street behind her.
Got it? Ok, so there are no streets that intersect our street for a little ways. There is 3rd street to the west, and 6th street to the east (remember Margo, these are made up names, not actual 6th street....lol....) but no road intersecting in the 500 block. You know what I am saying? However, there IS a PATH that links Lakeshore all the way to Avenue D - so about 2 doors down from me, we can hop on the path to Lakeshore, or walk down and go to Leslie's, who lives on the path.
Oh fuck, this is getting so confusing.
Ok, so if you map this, there are two houses next to us and then the path that intersects, and across the street, there are two houses next to libby and then the path that intersects and then on the NORTH side of Avenue B, there is a house on each side of the path and then on the south side of the path, there is a house on either side, the one to the east being Leslie's. You got that? If so, then we can continue tomorrow - but let me make this complicated - you can drive down my back alley going east, and where the path is, you can turn right at that spot and exit onto my street. Otherwise, you have to drive a ways to get out of the alley. Got it? (google earth would make this easier).
I'll post more tomorrow once i know you got all this.

2 Comments:

At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg.. I know where you live and you got me confused. lol.
Mapquest is your friend..lol

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Rox said...

Remind me to never ask you for directions...

I have a good idea what you are talking about. You over explained the hell out of it though! And now I have the song "Avenue A" in my head..."You'll forget about me, when your name is on the marquee..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home