Tuesday, September 11, 2007

So frigging boring

Ah, what a day. What a day... Still the busy stressful time at work, so still putting out fires.... Call my one sister at suppertime and she tells me the transpirings with my parents today because my dad is quite bad right now, and then for reasons just too long and boring to get into, I end up having a fight with my sister who lives across the street. It came out of nowhere and holy shit, we said things that we've been holding back and then she hung up on me, and will play the martyr, but whatever, no regrets. We never come out and say what we think and we both sure as hell did tonight, so whatever, I don't want to think about it anymore, don't want to talk about it, either the fight or my dad, so whatever, that's all I need to say about all of that for the moment.
And THEN, fucking stupid Danielle and Dick are in the final three and I want to kick them all in the head.
And I feel trivial even complaining about everything when I see the end of Oprah today and it's 9-11 families, and I mean, fuck....
And to think this afternoon I was repeating the motto "When you change your attitude, you change everything" over and over after reading it on somebody's jacket in Tim Horton's.... LOL, I gotta work on that.
And I was just reminded about my onetime favorite movie. For years, Valley Girl was my favorite movie, from about age 15-30. Call me a hopeless romantic. The movie featured Modern English's "I Melt With You" in this romantic collage, where Randy and Julie are at Du Pars in the Valley. I always thought that was the most romantic song in the world, along with "A Million Miles Away" by the Plimsouls, also featured in the movie. Seriously, I was just the most sappy romantic, in a new wave way, and I ate that movie up like flies to shit. I can totally recite lines from the movie still.
I always wanted to live in California, in the Valley, and so I romanticized that movie. And it has the best soundtrack ever. Everything from "Angst in Your Pants" by Sparks to "Johnny Are you Queer" by Josie Cotton, and the Plimsoul tracks, and the Payolas, and everything else.... it's one of my favorite cds of all-time. So yeah, I love it all, and it all is a soundtrack of my romantic daydreams. I was the sort of weirdo who loved all that romantic shit, and rainy days and autumn and walking in the yellow leaves, pining over unrequitted loves...... Yeah, I was a weirdo.
An embarassing story to tell you - I used to think "I Melt with You" was called "I Meld with You", simply because I grew up playing Hand and Foot Canasta, and you had to meld before you could start playing, and, well, it made sense to me at the time.
What other songs do I acquaint with that teen angst/romantic/oh-so-deep-autumn rainy day feelings? U2's Unforgettable Fire, my favorite song, along with their "A Sort of Homecoming" and "Bad", and, OMG, the Church's "Under the Milky Way". If it's a cool, fall night with a trillion stars where you are right now, and if you don't download this song and listen to it 4 times in a row and still tell me you aren't aching with romantic angst, well, you aren't my friends anymore. I am serious. Download it. Listen to it 3 or 4 times in a row. Nighttime is better, but whatever, just do it. You'll love it. Tell me what you think. I have so many memories with that song, and I have to admit it just makes me feel all... well... this is going to sound all pretentous, or gay or retarded or fucked up.... but it makes me all gooshy inside. I remember being horribly drunk in Edmonton, singing it wholeheartedly to something while dancing, and that memory makes me a little embarrassed, but then again, it was all good.....
So yeah, I'm rambling. It's nice to just have some free association after this complex day. I would love some Jesus Juice, but, well, daddy needs to buy a box of wine. Perhaps I should make a cocktail - would that ease the pain of the day? Chunks, I know you said Kahlua can't cure everything, but I have some gin in the pantry.Would that do?
Hey, did I tell you all that when Rochelle and Margo were here, they brought some beer, so I had some gin and then a huge glass of wine and I gotta say, by the time they left I was buzzing so bad I have no idea what in the hell I was even talking about. LOL, 3 drinks..... fuck me Dorothy, it's too bad I wasn't a drunk because I'd be cheap as borsht to get shitfaced.
Anyway, sometimes I think nothing can quell the stress you feel like a Craven M - I don't need booze and drugs, just let me smoke.... but anyway, I won't be going back to lung cancerville any time soon, and all of you should just think of your loved ones and quit. I'm just saying, is all.....
What else.... there are all these weird things happening here - tonight a 400 member union meeting about opening the pulp mill.... no idea what's going on there.... all I know is that since Winners is coming back, why the hell wouldn' t Domtar want to be back?
Sigh, I've run out of words.... thanks for listening.

2 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger Chunks said...

okay, I'll download the song because I am right there in Fallmelancholyville today.

I don't think I've ever seen Valley Girl. It may have been after I was a teen.

You sure hold back about your dad and how you feel about all of that. I know a guy has to have some secrets but if you feel like barfing it all up, this would be a good place. (Plus, I do enjoy a bit of the drams!)

Remember the hand and foot canasta Marathons at your house Devo?! Good times. Good times indeed!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Devo said...

I love "Melt with You". Hubby and I both think it is one of the songs from the teen years that we all got sappy over. I remember canasta, all day in the pj's eating junk food and playing for hours and hours. Good times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home