Monday, September 17, 2007

If you're going to Godthab, be sure to wear, salmon in your hair

Just sitting here thinking about all of the useless crap that I know. Seriously, have you ever sat there and realized that you know strange, odd tidbits that mean nothing and are probably taking up valuable brain space? Sadly, I acquired much of it during the ages of 11-13, when I moved here, had no friends, and cable tv wasn't yet in town, and thus I spent too much time reading strange things and listening to adults. Here is a smathering of useless information:

-- Sammy Davis Jr. was married to a woman named Altovise.
-- minus 273 degrees is freezing on the Kelvin scale.
-- Liz Taylor was the first woman to make a million dollars for a movie, for Cleopatria.
-- Madelaines are little butter type of cookies that you make in a special pan.
-- Lani O'Grady from Eight is Enough suffered panic attacks.
-- Kari Michaelson, one of the daughters on tv's Gimme a Break, had personalized plates on her car that said "ZeeCar4Meee"
-- the capital of Greenland is Godthab.
-- Laura Ingalls Wilder was a chronic masturbator (just joking - checking to see if you are paying attention).
-- the group to have the most chart success without a number one song is either CCR or ELO - either one is an abreviation though, so that is interesting in itself.
-- Tammy Wynette's first husband was named Euple Byrd.
-- the Coastal Salish people wore shoes made out of salmon.
-- A pizza is a sort of Italian pie (that's quoted from a report I did on Italy in grade 3).
-- Michael Stipe from REM is just freakishly ugly.
-- Rely tampons are the ones that gave everyone toxic shock syndrome in the 70s.
-- Anne Murray and Roch Vosine are the same person.

Well, there is much more, but frankly, i am too tired to tell it, so my knowledge needs to rest tonight. But believe me, I'll post more. It's Britney, bitch!

3 Comments:

At 6:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So the million dollar question is.. How can you rid your brain of the useless crap to free up more brain cells.. Inquiring minds want to know.

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Devo said...

Confession. There is a part of me that loves Roch Voisine. I know, I am a sap. We listened to Anne Murray all the time growing up, but it was her old stuff, the first stuff she did before she went all mainstream and lame. Chunks and I were just talking the other day about the stuff you know and how much of it is obscure!!haha.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Chunks said...

I have to disagree on the Anne Murray/Roch Voisine thing. I've been to the Ann Murray Museum in Nova Scotia and Roch Voisine doesn't hold a candle to old Annie!

You had me laughing out loud at the Laura Ingalls thing. hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home