Thursday, June 16, 2005

Would Dolly Parton's "Jolene" been as Successful had it been titled "Lurlene"? Discuss

Now, I don't have time to post anything, because I have gotten caught up on the internet tonight, and then my cat is freaking out and fighting with a cat on the other side of the window, and I am about ready to call it a night. However, I must make one comment to a comment I received from Roxanne. You see, coinky-dinkily, it appears Roxanne and I actually lived in the same area at the same time years ago. I lived in Chilliwack, and she lived in Sardis, which is attached to Chilliwack - actually, it is part of Chilliwack, but back then, Sardis and Vedder were like little towns attached to the city (not anymore - they are where everyone lives now, and that's where all the development is - freaked the hell out of me, but nobody else will care, so I will shut up). Anyway, Roxanne says the most crazy thing. She says something like she had two friends, named April and Lurline. Now, I have to say it: LURLINE?? Are you sure it was Sardis you lived in, and not Butcher Holler or something? I mean, Lurline? Who is named Lurline?? I remember the soap Texas when I was a kid, and they had this hillbilly woman on there named Lurline. We actually had a cat for a brief time named Lurline, and the name was because she musta came from hillbillies. It was Xmas season, and it was like 40 below, and in the Walmart parking lot, someone let out this cute orange kitten. So you know me, I save it and take it home thinking it musta jumped out of a car because she was still warm, and I thought I would call the radio stations and the SPCA and whatever and find the owners. Well, this cat stunk to high heaven of this hideous perfume - smelled like something that you buy in a 3 gallon jug from the dollar store. We did all we could, but could never get the smell out of the cat. Anyway, she smelled so hillbilly, we named her Lurline. We had her for a month and she wasn't quite right. She hated my dog and cat, she shit in my plants, and was just a smelly, hillbilly pain in the ass. We ended up giving her to our friend Claire, who had her for a couple years, and I think her boyfriend finally "took it hunting" because it kept pissing in their bed - if that isn't gross enough, it was with them in it.
So, the Lurline thing made me laugh - April and Lurline - classy lassies! God, they woulda been farm girls too I bet, dairy farm girls, because it was so farmish out there then. LOL, ah, doesn't take much to amuse me, does it?
Anyway, gotta run to bed, sorry this was short and boring.
TGIF like you can't fucking believe,
xo
JT

4 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger JT said...

Ooooh, methinks I offend! Quelle horror!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger JT said...

Actually, we don't swear in front of our kids - question to parents: what is your word of choice when your kids are around and you need to blurt one out? I've been using "Good God" but it doesn't pack the punch.

 
At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm serious, her name was Lurline. And she had severe acne, the kind you should use Accutane for. She dressed up like a clown on rollerskates for halloween and it was such a sad sight, her face looked like oatmeal. Tragic. Incidentally, April and Lurline both thought that I swore too much, which makes me wonder why I hooked up with them in the first place. Lurline's mom had a ceramics shop and April talked through her nose. They were kind enough to befriend the new kid though, so they must have been good inside.
Sadly enough, I swear in front of my kids, I can't help it!!! My oldest swears with her friends but knows enough to not swear in front of teachers, parents, little kids etc. My youngest is above swearing, she is so good. She must have gotten it from April and Lurline. hahahahah!
My favorite non-swear is to say "Oh stink!"

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOw JT, it seems people think you have a potty mouth... tsk tsk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home