Saturday, June 18, 2005

Life is a Highway Indeed

Well, I am just getting ready for bed, but sorta waiting for the Tom Cochrane concert to end. No, not on tv, but in what feels like my backyard. It's 11:35 p.m., and Tom is doing some free concert here in the park, and it was supposed to be in a park far away from here, but it is storming and raining, so they must have moved it to the grandstand, which is a stone's throw from here. So imagine my suprise trying to get Keryn to bed, late as hell, at 10:30, and then this loudspeaker is blasting something and then "White Hot" starts blaring. I was pissed off, and also mad I didn't go because that song took me back at least 20 years, and suddenly I am a kid again, and he sounds really good. Just heard Lunatic Fringe and Boy Inside the Man, but then it started hailing, so I came inside and closed the window.
The day was spent farting around here, and tomorrow will be much of the same, trying to get everything done. Keryn had her cousins here all day and night, so the basement is, well, destroyed, so it will be a couple hours putting it together again tomorrow. But they had fun, so that's the main thing.
I really and truly have nothing to say. Not one thing. So, am going to finish writing a letter to city council (I'll explain that saga tomorrow - it's a long boring story) and get my ass in the tub and finish rereading "Running With Scissors." I am already sad it's almost done, because then I can't reread it for at least a year.
Have a good Sunday!
xo
JT

2 Comments:

At 4:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were BOTH listening to Tom tonight (last night) I was painting my daughters' new bed and listening to Big League. My favorite Tom Cochrane (Red Rider) song is "Ships that Pass" but if I listen to it more than once I hate it.
I'm anxious to hear the city council story! I'm sure it will be anything but boring!
Has Margo been evacuated?

 
At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope still here Roxanne.. though yesterday it was touch and go..lol I think the sun is going to shine today.. crossing my fingers.

M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home