Friday, January 22, 2021

Message for Leighton

 Went back to sleep for 20 mins after the kids left for school, and it was full of strange dreams.  First, I went into my garage and my garage doors started opening, but they were like double doors - like there was an interior door over both garage doors and it was opening and I was all mad thinking it was some sort of devilry, and I started chanting something about casting the devil out and all of that which I usually do when I have the haunted house attic dreams.  So then I'm in this building, like a workplace thing, but the foyer looked like the place in university where everyone waited for the bus, and there is a courtroom in there and I am waiting for a ride, and these guys I know walk in, and they look like hobos with mullets and like 6 days of stubble and unwashed and grubby coats, and I suddenly realize "holy shit, they are undercover cops trying to bring down the biker gangs!"  But before I can give a thumbs up, the one says to me "no mask after you make such a stink on facebook about antimaskers?" and sneers like I'm a snotball that randomly dropped into his coffee, and I gasp and wrap my face with some sort of scarf thing that's laying on the table in front of me.  THEN, I'm sort of transported to a different part of this building because it is the new building my workplace bought, and there are these indoor garden with flowers and trees and stuff and I am flying around on this disc thing in the building, going room to room.  It was like one of those plastic sliding circles, but I was riding on it like I was Aladin.  Then there was this guy talking about how he wanted to bring public lectures to the town, and I was trying to tell him that lectures about Greek mythology don't really fly around here, because I had tried it, but in order to talk to him, I had to get on my knees because he was talking to me from the inside of this red washing machine.  I am still not sure if he was in there, or it was just where his web cam was - the covid realities seem to be hitting my dreams.  Oh, and all the while, there was this song playing in the background.  Long story, but when my daughter was little, she had this friend named Leighton.  Well, anyway, one day someone was saying something into an ipod or whatever and said "message for later" and she thought they said "message for Leighton" and it became this joke through the years.  So anyway, the song that was playing in the background with this really chill music, was sung by this woman who kept singing "message for Leighton/hand drawn for Satan".  Anyway, then the dog decided he was going to finally get up and woke me and that was the end of that dream.  

Anyway, that's all I got.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home