Friday, December 13, 2013

A Quickie

Gooooood Morning Vietnam!!!!!!! How the hell are all y'all anyway?!  Funny seeing you here!!  So, what's up, homies?  Anything new and exciting happening in your worlds?  Nothing really exciting to report here, but I'll try to think of something.

--  I had the weirdest dream last night.  I'm not making any of this up either.  Yesterday in the staff room, we were talking about all the unrest in the Ukraine, or, as I refer to it, "the old country."  All my young life, we'd go visit my Dad's family, the Ukrainian side, and there would always be talk of so and so in the old country, so now, I've adopted the term.  Anyway, we were talking about the old country and the protests there, and how maybe one day it will be stylish to belong to my people. Then, later on in the day, I was reading some CBC article on how the Alberta floods this summer were predicted by geologists or something. ANYWAY, I also got my blood pressure checked last night at the drug store and while I was sitting there trying to relax I noticed that they had some green Roughrider gear still on the shelf. So, I go to bed last night, and I dream that there is some huge uprising in Saskatchewan about the government and everyone flocks to Regina to protest.  It's spring or summer and a nice day out, and I have a bitch of a time getting parking.  I finally find a spot and have to plug the meter at "a remote meter location" which was a meter behind a row of chairs on the sidewalk.  The person in the chair in front of my meter was this woman I sort of know, a friend of a friend, and she's really shy and wears these hideous glasses - they look like those glasses you used to get at Mac's Convenience Store back in 1986, when you won something with each Mac's Froster (slurpee) you bought.  They gave out these ugly Mac's Froster plastic shades, and this woman wears glasses that look just like those.  I always crave corn nuts and a slurpee when I see her. Anyway, I non-chalantly plug my meter behind her and then I move on to the events happening.  Everyone is wearing Roughrider green and there is this flood coursing down a street, full of brown water and broken trees.  Then I move to the main stage and they start blaring Culture Club's "I'll Tumble 4 Ya" and everyone gets up and starts dancing, doing these tumble motions with their arms and then the John Travolta disco move with their arms.  I don't know what the hell it all meant, but it was interesting.

--  Ok, I have to admit something: I have no idea who Paul Walker is.  Not a sniff.  Everyone is freaking out so bad on the TMZ about him, but fuck if  I know who he is or what the hell the Fast and the Furious is. I'm almost waiting to see some fraudulent sign language interpreter signing gibberish at the crash site for us, that's how overblown this all is.  Of course, there are those smug fucking Facebook things that are all "My thoughts are with the family of the guy who was with Paul Walker, who gets no attention." WTF?  Do you think this guy's family WANTS the TMZ sifting through their garbage?  I don't think so.

--  I just bit into a "Gingerbread" muffin from Tim Horton's.  It tastes like something but I can't figure out what.  like oranges or something. And there's cranberries in it?  I'm thinking she gave me the wrong thing. Go figure.  But my mouth IS sort of burning like it's full of ginger.  hmmm.  I wish I had a lab to send it to, for closure if nothing else.

Anyway, I have to run - just wanted to leave a quick update to let y'all know I'm still here.

Love and other indoor sports,
JT

2 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Stubblejumpin Gal said...

Still a-kicking up there, are ya?

 
At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I'm just getting a chance to read this. I have so much to say but it will have to wait.

Signed,
Sheila the Great

 

Post a Comment

<< Home